Missile count in queue/production (split from U3beta)

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Missile count in queue/production (split from U3beta)

Post by mrgenie »

Balthagor wrote: I've read that twice and still don't follow what's going on. I'll take another look at building missiles. Anyone else seeing problem building missiles?
I'll try again, see the screenshot. I used Photoshop to cut out the lower left info panel.

1) The units Queued, the bug is, there are no units queued!
2) but the info panel does show as if hundreds of them are listed
3) This has been so since I've had the Missiles put on automatic production

I can tell you how to produce it:
In the beginning, I disabled everything that's automatic.
at some point, I enabled automatic missile production (didn't know rockets and missiles where something different, they fly without a pilot both don't they? :)
Anyway, the minister, or whoever in the game does auto unit production then start to build missiles.. and puts stuff in the queue..
This queue kept growing and growing, so I disabled the auto missile building again.
because I needed land units more at some point, I tared down missile production facilities, and build land unit building facilities at those places..
the queue listings however kept..
I build new missile production facilities.. the minister doesn't finish it's queue.. the queue remains eternally.. I now have missiles on manual build.. so it's building my missiles I put there manually.. but the queue remains..

When you open the "production and Queue Management" I only see the manual build there.. the queue inside the "missile designs" remains static throughout the game.. if I re-enable the auto build on missiles, the queue listing in the missile designs only gets larger and larger.. never smaller.. going back to manual building, it builds only what I tell it to build..

so.. the bug is: the listing of the queue inside the "Missile Designs" should be nullified if a user switches to manual production and disables the auto build. The "production and queue management" screen is nullified if the minister stops building missiles.. so that's working as should.. but the "missile designs" screen never removes those "units queued" nor can it finish them ever.. thus should be nullified if the user goes to manual..

the same applies to Land units, Air units and Sea units..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Missile count in queue/production (split from U3beta)

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried this and got the correct counts. Have you got a savegame which when loaded has the incorrect counts?

When I scrapped the buildings, the units in production moved back to queue but I can clear the queue.

Ticket 16786
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
DNess
Corporal

Post by DNess »

I have bug with queue size calculation too (even in manual build mode). There is save, 15 missles in production, 185 in queue (SS-N-19 Shipwreck). "Production and Queue Management" screen show valid counts, but fabrication screen show 655 items in queue (after load save and advance few days).
Missle autobuild disabled, these 200 missles was ordered manually. Patch 7.3.1 installed.

save there https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9tBVb4 ... sp=sharing
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

thanks, I'll take a look.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Just a quick question, have you guys checked 'units eliminated when region falls' option when you started game?
I have some similar problems in my games, although it wasn't missile production specific.
DNess
Corporal

Post by DNess »

Uriens wrote:Just a quick question, have you guys checked 'units eliminated when region falls' option when you started game?I have some similar problems in my games, although it wasn't missile production specific.
I play with 'units eliminated when region falls' unchecked.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

why in defoult.unit file the parameter "dock to unload" is for missile fabrication set "true"????
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Some parameters are used for different meanings for different classes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

and what is the meaning of this?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No idea, but I'm sure it's there for a good reason.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”