Assassination doesn't work?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

moochwooda
Corporal
Human: Yes

Assassination doesn't work?

Post by moochwooda »

I try to assassinate ministers in the Congo or Ethiopia i fund insurgency's heavily for a while then send in spy's. But they always get caught a while later i even used a cheat too see if it will work but no one got killed. I'm thinking it doesn't work? Oh and is it to overthrow a gov't by funding insurgency's and sabotage etc?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Assassination doesn't work?

Post by Balthagor »

There is a chance it will assassinate ministers. That will have effects on the regions policies, DAR and MAR.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:There is a chance it will assassinate ministers. That will have effects on the regions policies, DAR and MAR.
Any way we can improve that chance? Like changing minister priorities?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I believe it's affected by the target region's law enforcement, counter intel strength and a few other elements.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
moochwooda
Corporal

Post by moochwooda »

Balthagor wrote:There is a chance it will assassinate ministers. That will have effects on the regions policies, DAR and MAR.
Ok and if i fund an insurgency and sabotage like oil fields etc can i over throw the gov't?
moochwooda
Corporal

Post by moochwooda »

Balthagor wrote:I believe it's affected by the target region's law enforcement, counter intel strength and a few other elements.
How can i decrease there Intel strength etc ? sorry if i double posted.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is no direct "overthrow", you are hurting their ability to govern.

There is no direct way to affect their intel strength, it's based on their spending. If you hurt their economy, you may indirectly affect this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:There is no direct "overthrow", you are hurting their ability to govern.

There is no direct way to affect their intel strength, it's based on their spending. If you hurt their economy, you may indirectly affect this.
And that brings us to another problem/question:
does AI changes it's spendings (social/law enforcement/research/military) according to state of the treasury or it just keeps spending blindly?
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Zuikaku wrote:
Balthagor wrote:There is no direct "overthrow", you are hurting their ability to govern.

And that brings us to another problem/question:
does AI changes it's spendings (social/law enforcement/research/military) according to state of the treasury or it just keeps spending blindly?
I think you know the answer to this question.. it builds military til it can't afford social spending then it increases tax to max and cuts all social spending further burying itself while building more military units.

A slight exaggeration but the end result is the same.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Assassination (and many other functions) could be better if political leaders followed the Rome Total War model:

Ministers or better Prime minister could be units!! And the assassination of Prime minister could mean defeat!

This can be easily modded, using the "Hero unit" (6000) changing it's picture with one of a foot soldier! This unit could also fight or travel inside APC's, ships and planes!!

Every unit could also be victim of assassination of it's captain, and that would lead to experience loss..

Return to “Issues & Support”