August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

TactiKill
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

Post by TactiKill »

Yeah it seems like most of the sessions crashed. The game just isn't stable enough to support a lot of people yet, but hopefully that gets patched in the future. Until then I don't see it being very beneficial to host any large events. I think 2v2's will be the way to go for now, and save every 15-20 minutes.

Big thanks to all those who helped, really all of the regulars made great contributions. So sorry it didn't turn out how we wanted to.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Yeah. Once it becomes stable-er with Multiplayer we can host bigger sessions. At this point if we aren't playing LAN games (I tested LAN games, was able to play 6 people without any lag/minor lag) then we just have to wait till it becomes more stable. However I've had fun playing with the people I've played with so far.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant

Post by CrazyIvan »

Darn unstable kids messin' up my vidya games!
asierus
Sergeant

Post by asierus »

its there a free slot?
Beastt
Sergeant

Post by Beastt »

If you guys are still playing i'll take australia 8O
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Yeah. Once it becomes stable-er with Multiplayer we can host bigger sessions. At this point if we aren't playing LAN games (I tested LAN games, was able to play 6 people without any lag/minor lag) then we just have to wait till it becomes more stable. However I've had fun playing with the people I've played with so far.
I wouldn't bet that its the game.. hamachi networks are notorious for having issues because they limit the network speed for free users and The relay servers are under a constant fluctuating load, which eventually kills your ping. Which is why your LAN games work fine but hamachi games are iffy. Nothing they modify in the game will fix the issues you see using hamachi.

You could try Tunngle or gameranger, or some other alternate VPN programs, or get a paid hamachi account.

Another common issue with public games is Pirate versions cause issues in multiplayer. You would be amazed how many times we ran into that issue during our Sr2020 games and we had to boot people for using pirate versions.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”