August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Targioni
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

Post by Targioni »

LeonTrotsky wrote:
No buying tech, other than one tech a month? Does that mean players can't help each other modernize their nation?

No buying unit designs right? If that isn't a rule I think it should be.

What about proxy wars? Can we fight in those without any type of blow back from fellow players?
1. I would like to be able to help modernize other nations, but we have to be realistic.

2. I actually think that the ability to sell other nations designs is very realistic, just look at the USSR, they sold their designs all over the world.

3. I think that you should be able to attack any nation that is on your soil. So if country A is at war with country B, while C is helping B via a proxy war. Then C moves into A's Home territory, giving A a Justification for War, and then A attacks C.
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

9 research fac. per nation - i agree

i dont like no unjustified wars rule. i go to war if i want more land or more oil or more other things or maybe i dont like one country oppressing another. and these are my justifications. if nobody wars then it will be peace all the time. there will be good guys and bad guys. rouge states and peaceful states.

i want to trade unit designs.

military and economic difficulties should be both very high to make the AI nations stronger
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Yeah I like that too. Cause then lets say you play as Israel or North Vietnam I can't just ally your enemy and help destroy you even though clearly my units are leading the charge. However someone could always help behind the scenes without any else knowing.

True. But they more or less sold the actual units. Not exactly the design. I am totally for selling units to people. But not too many of the countries using the tanks and designs of the USSR actually make them. So I think instead of buying the designs it's more realistic if you buy the units. Especially if someone is playing as the USSR then just broker a deal with them to get X amount of tanks. I like the idea of no design trading. :lol:

I agree with you golden pole. I think you should be able to go and take that neighboring country because you feel like it or need the resources or whatever.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

there has to be unit design trading going on. otherwise nobody will be able to compete with the USA and USSR.
If you have a superior unit design, it is up to you if you want to sell it or not. you wouldnt sell it to the enemy but you should consider selling it to your ally. the the ally can help you in difficult situations. this is strategy. it is going on in the real world and should be part of our game. this way smaller countries can have a chance to keep up.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

I guess, but if we have people playing as both the USA and the USSR then yes they can do whatever they want, unit designs or actual unit trading I don't care. I think there should always be someone playing as US and USSR. I don't like if one is human and one isn't. Makes the Cold war lopsided.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

tyler chose usa and ussr was chosen too. so it will be balanced
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Awesome. It'll be a good game. I hope ICBM's get launched.
-Leon Trotsky
Targioni
Sergeant

Post by Targioni »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Awesome. It'll be a good game. I hope ICBM's get launched.
HUH War mongering is not the point of this game.

Also, because you guys do not like the War Justification dealy. How about this, you can attack anyone you want, but if its not a legit reason other than "I WANT YOUR LAND AND MONIES K, THANKS, BAI", every single player in the game, regardless of previous allegiances and sphere alignment, can attack you without any international repercussions. Same thing goes for randomly nuking people.

I really hope this doesn't become like Superpower 2 were some random person nukes a major and ruins the game, or random global wars between AIs and Players that are just stoopid and ruin the game. :-(
TactiKill
Warrant Officer

Post by TactiKill »

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. So let's see if we can get one more player to join as a NATO country and then we'll hold signups there. Anyone else after that can serve as a reserve if they wish, just in case someone doesn't show when we start. After that no one will be replaced, only if you miss the first game. If you miss another date, the AI will play for you.

About to create a network and confirm some settings/rules now.
TactiKill
Warrant Officer

Post by TactiKill »

It seems like most of our players don't want to be bogged down by a bunch of rules that limit their freedom. I have to respect that, let's see how this session goes, like I said there will be many more down the line.

Confirmed Rules:

1 - Limit of 9 research facilities per nation

tech trading is going to be limited as well, not sure exactly how yet. I want to see the discussion play out a bit more. Overall, we'll have 3 or 4 rules max.

Settings Changed:

Economic difficulty: Very High
Military difficulty: Very High
TactiKill
Warrant Officer

Post by TactiKill »

Hamachi network:

Network ID: Cold War MP
password: srcw
Targioni
Sergeant

Post by Targioni »

TactiKill wrote:Ok, thanks for clarifying that. So let's see if we can get one more player to join as a NATO country and then we'll hold signups there. Anyone else after that can serve as a reserve if they wish, just in case someone doesn't show when we start. After that no one will be replaced, only if you miss the first game. If you miss another date, the AI will play for you.

About to create a network and confirm some settings/rules now.
Im going to be gone the first session. :-(

EDIT: Joined the server.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Clarification: When I said I want to see ICBM's launched I didn't mean me. What I meant was I hope the game gets that tense. I love tense games. I agree with the stupid-ness of someone randomly nuking someone else.
-Leon Trotsky
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Who are all the people and the countries they are playing so far?

Edit: I joined the server
-Leon Trotsky
Targioni
Sergeant

Post by Targioni »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Who are all the people and the countries they are playing so far?

Edit: I joined the server
From the bottom of the original post

(host) JayTac - United Kingdom
Golden Pole - Poland
Joccend - China
Targioni - USSR
War Surviver - North Korea
Lord Kailvin Tremere - Yugoslavia
LiKaapstad - Mexico
tyler2114 - USA
LeonTrotsky - Netherlands

Also, can everyone who is part of this game post their Steam IDs so that we can begin plotting our eventual domination of the world. (MUAHAHAAHAH)

Im Targioni ;)
Last edited by Targioni on Aug 01 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”