Game ranger fail.

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Game ranger fail.

Post by Ragu »

I hav'nt actually played any sr multiplayer before. So I decided to fire up Game Ranger. In the options, under games there is an application list. Cold War is there. As I navigate through the Steam subfolders to the Cold War folder everything is good. I find the .exe file, and try to set that as the application file to use, it keeps looping asking me to point it to the .exe.

Since the only multiplay I really play is eve online, it prolly me being retarded. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Game ranger fail.

Post by Balthagor »

Have you posted the question on the GameRanger forums?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Works fine for me.. Maybe an issue specific to the steam copy, I'd try game ranger forums. Like balt said.

Edit: Seems to a common problem for steam games
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 305AA6eWn1

Looks like you should probably report the issue to gameranger. They have been adding the steam .exes when its pointed out to them there is an issue.
(steam modifies the .exe so its kind of expected)

http://www.gameranger.com/support/game/ (try filling that out and maybe they'll get it into the next gameranger update)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I've filled in that support form Fistalis, thanks for linking that to me. I asked in here instead of their forums, because all the frequenters of this forum board are pretty well clued up, and the advice is usually golden. :)

Cheers guys.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gameranger had an update last week that should have fixed this issue for people with steam versions.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”