New Multiplayer Game

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Sergey Golovko
Captain

New Multiplayer Game

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Hello everyone.

I am interested in starting up a new multiplayer game, preferably among US players, on weekends over the next few weeks. I'm done with school for a few weeks and I've been wanting to play a MP game of SRCW for a while. If anyone is interested, let me know; we can discuss the game rules once I've seen some interest.

Let me know if your interested!

Sergey.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
mund5421
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: New Multiplayer Game

Post by mund5421 »

I would like in weekends work great for me but any more info like time i live in the eastern time zone and late evnings would work good with me like 7 or 8 pm no clue as of country yet.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Sounds good. I'm in the same boat as far as US EST. I'd like to see people play as the big powers, in roughly a priority order like this: USA, USSR, UK, China, France, India.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

I'll join. I'm in the mountain time zone and I'll play as the USSR if it's still free.
Nic5071
Warrant Officer

Post by Nic5071 »

im in the eastern time zone and i would be willing to play china
"you don't have to outfight your enemy you just have to outlast him" -George Washington
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Sounds good. If mund wants to take the UK or France, we have ourselves a game!
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

We could start as early as this Saturday if everyone is ready. While we're at it, I'll lay down the basic framework I'd like the game to take.

I want the game to be realistic. That is, sensible diplomacy that reflects how things in the real word as it would have been. No France declaring War on fellow NATO member Germany. No Canada attacking the US. I'd like to avoid player v. player wars....at least for a while The preference will be that players put themselves in the shoes of the leaders of the countries real world counterparts. If the USSR attacks the US (or NATO member) in real life, it will likely go nuclear. The same mindset should be kept here. Also, I'd like random DoW's to be kept to a minimum. A real justification should be present, to make the game more realistic. I.e, its one thing for the China to get involved in Korea or Vietnam. Or for America to fight back if attacked by Cuba. But the USSR shouldn't randomly invade say....West Germany for no reason, or Australia. And if you do attack a country, I'd like to see the colony function taken advantage of; if your the US and you take over Iraq, it makes no sense to annex it. Also, it would be good if the players could build up their blocs of influence with a bit of realism. I don't want it to be a pure historical simulation (that's no fun, because we know how it ends,) but I don't want it to be a PVP nuclear bloodbath after 1 year of game time.
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Sounds good to me.
Nic5071
Warrant Officer

Post by Nic5071 »

I can not do Saturday because ill be gone most of that day but if y'all want to play on Sunday i will be on all day. As for the frame work of the game, that sounds fine by me.
"you don't have to outfight your enemy you just have to outlast him" -George Washington
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I'm good for Friday, Saturday or sunday, at least until next semester starts. I'm all up for this though, and we can start Sunday. We can even start without a UK/France; it might be intersting to play a tripolar Cold War.
mund5421
Warrant Officer

Post by mund5421 »

If i still can i would like to play as the UK please and what time eill we start saturday?
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

That's fine. I think we will actually start Sunday, and yes, you may take the UK. I rather play in the morning if that's alright; I've found playing late in the day causes problems sometimes. I can do bascially all day Sunday though; its up to you guys.
mund5421
Warrant Officer

Post by mund5421 »

well i have church in the mornings so maybe late evnings like noon would be alright
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I can do afternoon Sunday. If that's good for everyone else, I'm good to go.
mund5421
Warrant Officer

Post by mund5421 »

iam good with that

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”