A very annoying issue witth multiplayer

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

draaimolen
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

A very annoying issue witth multiplayer

Post by draaimolen »

This will contain alot of text so be warned :)

me and a few friends of mine played a few times this game in multiplayer but after some time playing,
We get some sort out of sync issues that are being a pain in the butt

Here is a small list of the weird oddities that happend last game which started was started 2 days ago i will post the small issues all the way to the worse so il begin now

this will also be some small story telling of our conquest.

(this was played on modern world mod with no starting units and AI on most aggresive possible also with debt
i played as saudi arabia the other as israel and qatar.

1 month ingame:
everything is fine no issues we are building up our industry and i try to support qatar with industry goods and cash
since he was bottomline on everything well, he needed the support.

1 to 3 months ingame: me and israel have some decent amount of units and started conquering some small countries around us like kuwait and palestine and lebanon still no issues here.

4 to 6 months ingame: i decided to make a dangerous step and attack iraq i have a hard time defeating them due to supply, after i won from iraq in that same period israel attacks jordan so i step in to aid israel and we were victorious.

i traded alot of oil for tech from israel and gave free tech to my ally qatar and alot of cash to him aswell, i also bought some strategic bombers from united states costed me about 2 ribs of my resources and my cash but it is well worth it.

there was a small issue during the battle israel could not see some of my units and qatar could see them !!! it was only few he could not see so it wasnt a big deal i guess.

7 to 8 months ingame: our warmongering continues i helped qatar to takeover UAE,bahrain in the same time i helped israel conquer egypt, syria israel used strategic nuclear weapons on military targets in egypt in response to that iran declares war on me they had alot of units.

so i resorted to my strategic bombers had about 4 of them with 10kt tactical nuclear weapons. i didnt want to use them but had to because most of my forces were severly damaged from previous battles i also built alot of air defense sites due for some reason i didnt trust my m8 who was playing as israel and i also built alot of land fabrication all the way inland due to his nuclear missles which had about 1000 mile range which was too far away :wink:

on a side note there were a few issues for some reason i could see Israel units placed ontop of my oil derricks in the sea i asked him to move them but he said there was nothing there ???

but my friend who was playing as Qatar said they were there aswell
i asked israel for aid against Iran he said he send alot of units but i never see them anywhere :o

10 to 12 months ingame: Iran was a tough cookie because they kept moving their capital while i was sure i turned fixed capitals on so you cannot move capitals when taken over i guess? however this war was a good thing because Iran had resources which i had no access to including coal and ore and uranium.

some weird issues my friend who played as israel said the capital was at a certain location while i saw it a diffrent location and the one who played as qatar said the same location as i did which was odd he said he took the capital but nothing happend until i took the capital at the location where i went he also said that most of my units werent doing anything while i said that im constantly in battle ??? .

13 to 15 months ingame: israel attacks sudan he said its going to be an easy win and doesnt need help, meanwhile during that same time my friend who played as qatar wanted to change to turkey because qatar was simply impossible to play with, i get attacked massively by pakistan combined with china :cry: im on the losingside and most of my units died or destroyed my friend who played as israel said he conquered sudan but me and my other friend who played now as turkey said that was not the case.

to be continued enjoy the story for now
number47
General

Re: A very annoying issue witth multiplayer

Post by number47 »

Not sure what speed you are using but never go above fast (eventhough, I suggest using normal speed as it was proven to be the best). The problem you described is clearly a desync issue that mainly happens on "high speed" MP games.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

the game was mostly played at normal or fast speed but in earlier games we played also on normal speed my friend who was playing israel in this game was playing as north korea and i was china at that time he attacked philipines he sends his boats there but i see them never arrive even when he said that he wiped philipines off the map.

it was still in control of philipines on my screen and his said it was owned by north korea and when i attacked taiwan he never saw my units there as if they were super stealthed or something but also he never see me take any territory in taiwan however he did can receive my diplomatic offers :o

by the way when he took sudan in most recent game it was as if he was playing a game of his own which really confuses me.

is there a way to fix this?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Might have to wait for next patch, as that has some MP sync fixes.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

it does? i really hope it does because we really like this game alot because its something diffirent :lol:
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Desync error happened to me only 3 times and always with the same guys. It is due to someone having a horrible connecton or a very slow computer compare with the others.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hopefully the update 3 final version will have more robust sync, but we've not had much opportunity to test that and it rarely caused problems here making it harder to find.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Hopefully the update 3 final version will have more robust sync, but we've not had much opportunity to test that and it rarely caused problems here making it harder to find.
Many times users are playing through horrible VPN services such as hamachi which has a tendency of making any in house testing go to shiite. :lol:

Also playing the modern world mod with no units at start just sucks because the rebel nations get units via event spawns so its likely they would quickly steam roll their respective nations.. just saying. :wink:
Niko465 wrote:Desync error happened to me only 3 times and always with the same guys. It is due to someone having a horrible connecton or a very slow computer compare with the others.
In my experience its 1 of these 2 issues. Horrible connection between the 2 or 3 of you(VPNs like hamachi can cause this since their free relay servers tend to get bogged down).. or someones PC is really slow. I once had a LAN game of 2020 going with the 2 PCs not even 10 feet apart going through my network. But one PC was an old AMD xp3200. Unsync wasn't the word. Its like we were playing totally different games.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

When I switch to another nation, ie South Africa to get the naval transit treaty (Simonstown Agreement) then go back to the UK all of my units are trying to go into reserve. I have set everything to no initiative so that they should not move.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Even after the update all units still try and return to base no mater what settings. Annoying!

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”