Christmas multiplayer SRCW

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Christmas multiplayer SRCW

Post by GreenGoblin »

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in playing a multiplayer game at some point during the Christmas period (22nd December to mid-January)?

I'm looking for some experienced players (maybe with powerful machines :wink:) who know how to run these kinds of things. I live in the UK so I can probably arrange to play at any time inside the interval of 10:00-00:00 GMT.

As I have not played SRCW or any other grand strategy game online before, I don't know what kind of session duration is appropriate, but I'd like it if sessions were not longer than two hours (with a 10-15 minute break every hour). I don't know if this is practical?

From what I've read it seems that Gameranger would be a good idea for this kind of game (I don't trust Hamachi/ don't know how to use DirectIP). I have a headset so voice communication would be possible with Steam or Skype.

My skill level is probably at the lower end of the spectrum, but I know how to play the game.

Thanks for reading this :-) ,
GreenGoblin
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Christmas multiplayer SRCW

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would be in, though I will be traveling during this period alot, but I have a powerful new laptop so it's no problem... oh and I'm experienced :P
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

I am willing to play
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Great. Two down and with plenty of time to go...

We can arrange times a little nearer the time when we know timezones of players etc.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Should we try SR1936 or does it not support gameranger or what not
Happy Linux user!
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Should we try SR1936 or does it not support gameranger or what not
I'm afraid I don't have SR1936. Anyhow I'd rather play a game with two years of patching and polishing than an early-access one personally.

With respect to Gameranger, they don't list SR1936 on their website right now.
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

When would you like to play? I am eastern time zone USA
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

We should do atlest game before 22nd, to make sure everything works as it should. Everyone remeber to have 7.3.7 vanilla installed with no mods :D
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:We should do atlest game before 22nd, to make sure everything works as it should. Everyone remeber to have 7.3.7 vanilla installed with no mods :D

damn i have modern world installed 8_
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

I get home from university on the 21st so I can do a test game on the 22nd. How is 21:00 GMT/UTC?

Am I right in thinking that the person with the most powerful PC should host? Mine has a second generation i5 with 8GB RAM.

EDIT: Yes latest patch with no mods please.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

time for test game fits me, I have an 3rd gen I7, but it's on a laptop, one other important thing is internet speeds. Anyone with an good PC and internet can host. I will be home at my familys 21st so it's good to test in advance if say your router blocks the gameranger ports. gameranger usually uses port 16000.
Happy Linux user!
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:time for test game fits me, I have an 3rd gen I7, but it's on a laptop, one other important thing is internet speeds. Anyone with an good PC and internet can host. I will be home at my familys 21st so it's good to test in advance if say your router blocks the gameranger ports. gameranger usually uses port 16000.
When I said I get home on the 21st, I mean 22:30 on the 21st so the 22nd is the earliest I can play. Of course, I will make sure that Gameranger runs okay during the day.

My internet connection is about 8 MB/s (bytes not bits), but I have had 'some' problems recently. If your machine is more powerful and your connection is better (and you don't mind), it might be better if you host.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Sure, we can test out the, 22:30 starts to get pretty late for mua, since i'm +2H from that. We can also so it before the game 22nd. btw, when the 22nd should we play, ideas?
Happy Linux user!
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Sure, we can test out the, 22:30 starts to get pretty late for mua, since i'm +2H from that. We can also so it before the game 22nd. btw, when the 22nd should we play, ideas?
I realise 00:00 in Finland is not convenient.

@Mission Space. Can you play around mid-day (22nd is a Sunday)? E.g. 17:00 GMT/UTC.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

That time should work for me
Happy Linux user!

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”