THE ENHANCEMENT THREAD

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Son of Moose
Colonel

THE ENHANCEMENT THREAD

Post by Son of Moose »

In line with an earlier post in the "General" forum, I am taking the liberty of starting a new thread in the "Wish List" forum that is dedicated to suggestions for any possible enhancements that could be made to SR2010.

Perhaps all subscribers (posters) could try to keep the following convention:

# Each suggestion should preferably be in the form of a fairly short SINGLE paragraph

# No discussion regarding the merits (or demerits) of a suggestion should be made in this thread as it is intended to serve as a check list for both the devs and for community members with ideas. However, any improvements upon earlier ideas can also be included as separate entries (maybe with a brief cross-reference)

# Perhaps it might be apropriate to subdivide suggestions into the following three categories:

----- Short-term improvements (for near immediate consideration)

----- Medium-term improvements (for consideration within the next 6 or so months)

----- Long-term improvements (for consideration much later .... maybe even with SR2020 or whatever)

I just feel that it would be great to try to introduce a single thread (like this one) that will serve to consolidate the dozens (maybe even hundreds) of suggestions that have been made elsewhere in this forum. :D

[Edit] - Made it a Sticky - Balthagor.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Fix the missile interface for SSBNs. Right now there is no way of using them. Make thier interface like the missile silo's missile interface. With pretargeted targets.
Missiles!! Nukes!
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Well maybe a short (or at least a medium term) imp..

* A better diplomatic AI

OK..Ok.. there is already a lot written about the AI
But i promise i will go completly out of my roof when i get a diplomatic
offer saying " Hey we like you ... we offer a free trade (or something
like that) treaty... "

That wil make the game more - alive -

Cheers
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

LONG TERM ADDITION/ENHANCEMENT RELATING TO UNITS, UPGRADES AND TECH LEVELS

This is based on SuperPower2 and the recent comment about upgrades.

Anyway the idea is

Have units that are already in the game but give the option to customize them and upgrade certain areas of them eg, Hard attack or speed insteed of completely changing the unit.

This idea is intended to allow for the game to have many units and MOST IMPORTANTLY many future unit options without spefically designing a unit for each tech region and tech level.

PS the upgrade would be expensive so people would only start using it once they ran out of options for further unit upgrades
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

MILITARY AI
Missiles!! Nukes!
Remus
Corporal

Post by Remus »

Allow marking of forbidden territories to help focus operations minister on needed efforts.
I think this should be short-term enhancement.
More details...
Silent Storm
Sergeant

Post by Silent Storm »

1. More communications between countries. (player vs AI)

As a player, you dont get the feeling of a real world... :(
And whats the use for an embassy if you never talk to anyone?

2. More realistic AI.

Airstrikes, airdrops, naval landings...

3. Spec Ops/Intel

Destroy supplylines, get info about AI:s future plans, wreck havoc in harbours, and more...

4. Ability to "stack" units and then move them together.

Armour units running away from its artillery cover? No thanx! Let them move together in a "locked to stackleader" mode or something. or maybe build "Brigade HQ" as a small unit and let that unit act as a "leader" for stacked units?

5. Let AI build structures.

Not too many though, we dont want too have it unrealistic in the other way around with too many structures.

6. Carriergroups.

Let the AI build small fleets with a carrier as a center, and make it use its carriers aircrafts in a realistic way.

7. Make the AI build less AA and artillery, and more combat units like INF and TANKs.

OR; let the AI use it units in stacks with ARTY and AA together. (see 4)

Ah... well... I have and endless supply of suggestions if you want more.... ;)
I think, therefore I'm dangerous.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

These all seem like great ideas...

If you have more ideas... keep them coming!!!
Phoenix
Corporal

Post by Phoenix »

Let a country be able to do foreign investment and build up economic facilities (factories, farms, mines, etc) in other countries. This would be done through the diplomatic relations screen and the raw materials and money required for the build would come from the offering country while the labor would come from the receiving country.

A typical trade could look like this.

Offered: Coal Mine

Received: 50% (whatever that number is) of the coal produced perpetually.

In this way poor countries could open up to foreign investment. Lower their unemployment and gain some needed ressources

Rich countries could increase their available resources while at maximum employment.

This type of trade would also forge much neede alliances between rich and poor countries and make the diplomacy part of game more interesting.
codgamer
Private

Post by codgamer »

Hi I am new here! So I don't know if someone brought this up already.

1.) Can we have more info on the labour force, unemployment figures and how many people each factory employs.

2.) Can we have the labour force divided into skilled and unskilled employment for each industry.

I see at the immgration control there is a restriction on skilled workers, but how do we know how many of each type is in the country?

What is the point in me investing millions in education and social programs (my biggest expenses of the whole budget) and the only benefit is my approval rating. I want to see investing in education would give me more skilled workforce, moving from a primary goods society to a more developed world.

I was playing Ethiopia, I built too many timber factories, because I don't know how many each factory employs, unemployment is 1% and inflation soars. I conquered Sudan and Keyan Fed and population doubled but unemployment is still 1%. I removed a lot of the factories but unemployment remains low.

I wish I could know more about my workforce.

Codgamer
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

The extra button on all artillery units so i can direct them what hex they need to bombard!

This makes more interesting strat viable, like laying down suppression fire.
And the military AI attacks the wrong target often, you see a direct thread for your arty unit, the enemy unit even fires at it. And your arty still fires at a beat up supply truck, almost dead doing nothing...
prime_642
Captain

Post by prime_642 »

A calculator for the transports. What i mean by this is th ability to see how many of one unit can fit into a transport. I would like to click a transport unit, and then a land unit, and a number will pop up showing me how many of that unit can fit into the transport.
Texan
Sergeant

Post by Texan »

Construction exclusions.

We have the ability now to exclude various types of units (ground/sea/land), but I would like the ability to exclude any particular missile designs.
Good writers Steal, bad writers Imitate
ioannis76
Corporal

Post by ioannis76 »

Hello, this is my first post here.
I an currently playing campaign, I have Greece, and I have just conquered Bulgaria. I was happy to see that the conquest 'unlocked' another map, where I can continue with Greece, however, I was dissapointed that this was a completely 'new' map, which on the one hand included the addition of the land I had conquered (Bulgaria) but it did not include the units I had created and the land improvements I had built. THis made the campaign game lose a lot of the 'depth' that it would otherwise have had, since all that I had built while combating Bulgaria were lost in the beginning of the next part of my campaign. In essence I am asking for troop/land improvement carryover.

Would it be possible to mod the game in such a way as to accomodate this? eg, once you take their capital, the game saves the numbers and types of troops as well as the land improvements that were done.

In my humble opinion this would make it a really great game, with monumental depth, as it would force the player to play this part of the campaign and in the back of his mind 'plan ahead' for the next.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have the most recent updates? There had been some issues with this but I tested it just before the release of 4.4.1 and was sure I saw no problems with that issue. The game is supposed to give you the units carried forward although they all start in reserves.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Wish List”