Loyalty?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Loyalty?

Post by GreenGoblin »

rogerbacon wrote:
hoddized wrote:Dynamic loyalty? Large amounts of immigrants into a country could change loyalty in border areas, ...
If such a system is implemented (God forbid) then I want the ability to control immigration to my country. I don't want the southern part of my country changing its loyalty to Mexico just because there's uncontrolled immigration of people coming in to my country because I fully fund my social programs. That's too much like real life to enjoy the game.
If you go back in time to the 1800s you will find that much of the Southern and Western United States is land that was illegally and cruelly annexed from Mexico. You are the occupying power. :wink:
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

rogerbacon wrote:
hoddized wrote:Dynamic loyalty? Large amounts of immigrants into a country could change loyalty in border areas, ...
If such a system is implemented (God forbid) then I want the ability to control immigration to my country. I don't want the southern part of my country changing its loyalty to Mexico just because there's uncontrolled immigration of people coming in to my country because I fully fund my social programs. That's too much like real life to enjoy the game.

I would really like to see some form of migration control options, as a bunch of other internal policies as well... conscription for example :).
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

bump for loyalty 'effects' switch (on/off) in settings
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

mattpilot wrote:bump for loyalty 'effects' switch (on/off) in settings
Yes, PLEASE! I'd buy the game right away.
UrhoK
Sergeant

Post by UrhoK »

Could loyalty changes be done by event system. Like if you go and immediately annex a country, they will probably hate you as long as you can keep on playing. But if you'd instead make them a colony, and slowly increase their relations to max ( give techs, money or whatever ), they could finally ask to get integrated to your own country. I'm not much of Supreme Ruler modder, but I think I read that events can change region loyalty. So finally when you have max relations, country asks to get integrated to your country, and event changes their hex loyalty and annexes the country. Could that be done? Also I think we should have an option to release unloyal regions as colonies, not independent countries for this to work. For example if you make USSR a colony, you get lots of unloyal territory, which you should be able to release as colonies.
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Ruges wrote:
So, let's open the floor to the counter-point : when in the Cold War period (1950-1990 ish) was loyalty to an occupier ever affected positively ?

When was loyalty ever attempted to be gotten? You only get loyalty by making peoples lifes better after they get occupied. And it seems like in all the examples, the peoples lifes have gotten worse if anything. Thats not going to get you loyalty.

Now if its just as easy as making peoples lifes better to gain thier loyalty, then why as this not happend yet? Money. You would basicaly need to supliment there cost of living, and pay to increase there living conditions in order to increase there loyalty towards you. All at the same time with them resisting you every step of the way. And we are not talking about the basic necisities of life here (IE food and shelter). Where talking about an entire better way of life. Which, well does not come cheap. Nore are you going to see nations supporting such acts to gain loyalty. Thier own people would revolt, your just not going to find a nations populous willing to pay for somone else to have the good life when they are struggling thereself. Exsepcialy considering you just went to war against that country, so your populous probly does not even like them all that much to begin with.

But I still believe it is possible to affect loyalty, quickly (One to two generations). It just costs allot, Allot more than is probly economicaly possible.
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

UrhoK wrote:Could loyalty changes be done by event system. Like if you go and immediately annex a country, they will probably hate you as long as you can keep on playing. But if you'd instead make them a colony, and slowly increase their relations to max ( give techs, money or whatever ), they could finally ask to get integrated to your own country. I'm not much of Supreme Ruler modder, but I think I read that events can change region loyalty. So finally when you have max relations, country asks to get integrated to your country, and event changes their hex loyalty and annexes the country. Could that be done? Also I think we should have an option to release unloyal regions as colonies, not independent countries for this to work. For example if you make USSR a colony, you get lots of unloyal territory, which you should be able to release as colonies.
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”