Let's hear about relationships - 1936/1940/1941 maps

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Let's hear about relationships

Post by Zuikaku »

mfisher12 wrote:
LordCrusader8 wrote:Don't trust Wikipedia its filled with bias lies
While that can be true in some cases (the cost of any open-source information collection), there's ample evidence that Iran sought close relations with Germany prior to WW2. There was the bad blood between Iran and Russia as well as Iranian mullahs affinity towards the German policy on Jews. Hitler also wanted to make nice with Tehran so he could get to their oil.
Iranians?? Wasn't that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and not the Iranians?
Please teach AI everything!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Took a play as tibet and noticed the 'wrong' relations it had, so I did some quick Wiki research

Tibetan Mongolian relations
They both seemed to have warmer relations with eachother, both become independent at about the same time period and fearful of a reconquest by China. Although China 'recognized' the Tibetan independence, by giving back titles to Dalai Lama so he could establish the Kingdom of Tibet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_bet ... %281913%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifan_Yuan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibet_%281 ... %931951%29

Tibet did have foreign relations to some extent with the British, Russians and Finland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Dalai_Lama

Relations with Nationalist China wasn't rosy as they had been forced to give Tibet it's independence under Yuan Shikai and then recently fought a war with them. As a side note, the successor country of the former Nationalist China(Republic of China) still claims Tibet as part of it, even though they where never able to project power over Tibet. In this war the Chinese managed to push Tibet closer to it's borders today(maybe add event 44 to give China Tibetan territory, see second link for map). I would also add casus belli to Tibet and China, since they both now owned 'Greater Tibetan' territory they considered theirs and wanted restored to them at somepoint.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Tibetan_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tibet_1940.png
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Zuikaku wrote:
mfisher12 wrote:
LordCrusader8 wrote:Don't trust Wikipedia its filled with bias lies
While that can be true in some cases (the cost of any open-source information collection), there's ample evidence that Iran sought close relations with Germany prior to WW2. There was the bad blood between Iran and Russia as well as Iranian mullahs affinity towards the German policy on Jews. Hitler also wanted to make nice with Tehran so he could get to their oil.
Iranians?? Wasn't that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and not the Iranians?
Him too, but I was referring to this:

Germany-Iran Relations (Wiki)
The shelling of Iran's parliament by the Russians, and the signing of the 1919 Treaty, firmly planted the roots of suspicion against Britain and Russia. This was while many people were aware of Wilhelm II's speech in Damascus in 1898 calling on all Muslims to rely on him as a true friend.[7]

By the early 1930s, Reza Pahlavi's close ties with Nazi Germany began worrying the Allied states.[8][not in citation given] Germany's modern state and economy highly impressed the Shah, and there were hundreds of Germans involved in every aspect of the state, from setting up factories to building roads, railroads and bridges.[9]
From 1939 to 1941 Iran's top foreign trade partner (nearly 50% of its total trade) was Germany, which helped Iran open modern sea and air communications with the rest of the world.[12]

In 1941, the Allies forced Reza Shah to abdicate the throne to his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. His pro-Nazi followers in the Iranian government such as Fazlollah Zahedi [13] and Mohammad Hosein Airom shared similar fates. The British believed that Zahedi was planning a general uprising in cooperation with German forces. He was arrested, where he was found with German weapons and correspondence from a German agent. He was interned in Palestine.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

I am very surprised nobody is noticing the huge mistake ingame about Spain.

It isnt a dictatorship in march 1936. Azana was head of the government (he was also between 1931-33, when the republic was proclamed, then after february 1936 with the election victory of the Frente Popular), after that he got elected president of the republic in may.

And the leftist government of Spain wasnt axis aligned at all at this time.

The rebellion of generals Franco and Mola only started in july. And the nationalists won the war on april 1939.

I dont understand why the war isnt portrayed in the game since it was a major involvement for axis forces (50000 italians with 700 planes and 950 tanks, and 10000 germans mostly as consultants and the Condor legion, between 4000 and 20000 portuguese...).

This war was pivotal before WWII because it shows the dilemma in France and Great Britain, as well as the shy participation of the USSR (which "secured" -read stole- all republican spanish gold reserve in exchange for military aid) with a pragmatic Staline who didnt wanted to help in full a proletarian revolution when he needed to make alliances with UK and France against the growing threat of nazi germany.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

vahadar wrote:I am very surprised nobody is noticing the huge mistake ingame about Spain...
Noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Micco40
Corporal

Post by Micco40 »

Hopefully this is what you are asking for:

Romania;

For Romania, In my recent sandbox playthrough I've noted that once you vary from the standard war dec in support of Germany against Russia, things get a little bit wonky in terms of relationships. I decided against declaring war on Russia and instead denounced Hungary for their war and severed relationships with them. I kept the relationships with Germany, Bulgaria, Italy and Slovakia intact, but again did not declare war in support of them. Interestingly enough, terminating my relations with Hungary did nothing to revise their opinion of me.

I then received War Decs from Great Britain and all her allies, yet almost 100% of them show as friendly.

Shortly after, i received a declaration of war from the US and her allies. However, i went to the US, requested peace and was granted it on the first try.

On top of this, i actively supported Russia with supplies and oil, yet their opinion did not change until AFTER i had received the wardec from the US. At that point they became very positive toward me.

Overall, the reactions that the AI gave when i selected an ahistorical approach were a bit odd. This might be an issue buried within the AI system that manages the relationships.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

South Africa should be closer friends with the Scandinavian countries.

India, Brazil and South Africa should be closer friends with each other.

All SADC nations should be closer to each other with free trade and mutual defence pacts.

South Africa should have a sea and air transit treaty with Mozambique, Tanzania, Namibia and Angola. due to Anti piracy patrols

I under stand you want tension in southern Africa. But the tension was not explained. And no nation really has any disputes with each other in the SADC region.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In which map?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Balthagor wrote:In which map?

2020 of course. No SADC in the others.

If you mean 2020, shattered worlds and global crisis I did not check the difference yet.

CPO Mzinyati
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SoB wrote:If you mean 2020, shattered worlds and global crisis I did not check the difference yet.
Yes, that's what I mean. If you're suggesting a change, you need to be clear on what you're suggesting.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Ok

The SADC relshinships for GC are ok. There is the whole east west thing going on

For shaterd world you can say it broke apart

But in vanulare 2020 SADC should be closer to each other.

I think South Africa should be closer to sweden and finland in all the Maps same with the India, Brazil and South africa.

In all the maps SA and Nigeria should have pretty bad relships.

In 1949 SA should start as part of the western sphere and only leave when it becoms a republic. Then in the 1970s become a pairay State that is hated by all most every one till 1990.

CPO Mzinyati
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Baltic countries in (World 2020):

Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia

Allies to: US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Denmark, each other, Norway, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czechs, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Iceland, Greece, Croatia, Albania (No free trade or free borders for workers just military alliance - No EU), Macedonia (Same as Albania), Turkey (Same as Albania).

Really Friendly (unofficial allies) to: Sweden, Finland, Ukraine and Georgia

Friendly to: Japan, South Korea, Moldova, Israel (and) Palestine, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Malta and Cyprus.

Not friendly to: Syria, Belarus, Armenia, Mongolia, Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. (Mostly lack of political approval, people are indifferent, except Belarus, Serbia and Kazakhstan)

Hostile to: RUSSIA
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

1936 Sandbox:

Lithuania and Poland should:

Have really bad diplomatic/state relationship
But quite good civilian relations.

This is because during interwar Lithuania and Poland constantly warred for Wilno/Vilnius city/territory and generally hated each other.

The opposite was for people of Lithuania and Poland: there was a significant population of Polish people in Lithuania (especially in Wilno/Vilnius) and they were living together for many hundreds of years and knew they were once one country. Polish people also did not dislike Lithuanians as they considered them very similar to themselves, I think.
Here is a wiki article where you only need to look at the results for a proof of really bad diplomatic relations "Result Polish control of Suwałki and Vilnius Regions; no diplomatic relations between Poland and Lithuania until the ultimatum of 1938" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_Polis ... _Lithuania

In 2020 scenarios I would propose making Poland and Lithuania to have great relations both on political and civilian sides. There are many economical and cultural ties and the two countries are at an all time closeness now because of the Russian threat. Look at what some activists recently did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=802dQAIg0Ws

btw I live in Vilnius :wink: I only have one Polish friend, and most Polish people in Vilnius are quite conservative, but I guess that's because they are so catholic :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

from another thread;
kettu wrote:...and I think Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro should have positive relations with germany.
croatia maybe more negative with italy and serbia.
serbia more negative with hungary,bulgaria.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
kettu
Sergeant

Post by kettu »

Balthagor wrote:from another thread;
kettu wrote:...and I think Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro should have positive relations with germany.
croatia maybe more negative with italy and serbia.
serbia more negative with hungary,bulgaria.
thanks for joining it here.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”