Gun Emplacement Facility

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

merlinx_at
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Gun Emplacement Facility

Post by merlinx_at »

Zuikaku wrote:My gun emplacements are without targets for now.
But what I woul'd like to propose is:

- Air defense sites do not have generic values any more. They have 4 "slots" that can be filled with real air defense battalions (guns or SAMs). That woul'd make much more sense. Only one per hex possible

- Fortifications can hold up to 8 additional land unit battalions per hex and provide additional defense bonuses for them (something like air bases for plair units). Only one per hex allowed. That woul'd make fortified hexes much tougher nuts to crack.

And cities should also be able to hold more regular battalions in addition to garrisons.
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
esavier
Corporal

Post by esavier »

bump?
above ideas are great, will they be considered?
djyoung813
Corporal

Post by djyoung813 »

Only found it remotely useful when I placed multiple in a close proximity, inefficient.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I have a recommendation, you should be able to build gun emplacements, air defense, and fortifications around emplacements. As of now you can't do that even though in the 1914 there are some emplacements that have gun emplacements around them.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

gun emplacements really need some buffing to do going up in technology because in modern and onward ages they are nearly useless. I understand they ARE nearly useless in modern day, but they are not COMPLETELY useless, so it would be nice if they would have at least some buffs. After all, better defensive buildings means wars will tend to be longer, as is more realistic, than just steamroll-and-forget.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Wars will last longer for you? AI doesnt build them. Also i dont see a way how AI can be teached to build them at the right spots and do not use them like a player since they dont entrench. It should be useless for now. Open a topic on how to mod this and you can change it however you like.
Gameplay 1st
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I love this thing and use it regularly for harbour defence in choke points, and adjacent to my seaports. Its not perfect, but its good for reducing the enemy numbers when they inevitably try and land at your seaports

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”