technologies without any effects

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

technologies without any effects

Post by Kristijonas »

Certain technologies, usually at the end, have no units, facilities or effects attached (or is it only with the country I play as? Belarus.) They also don't lead to other techs. In other words - utterly useless.

For example
Human Neural Transfer
Early Warning Sites.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: technologies without any effects

Post by YoMomma »

Well there are hundreds of these not just a cpl. But glad you figure that out.

Now going 100 steps further i guess. What to do with them. This is very ungameplay friendly to new players. No other game have so many useless techs.

Especially for smaller regions with their own tech tree for like 10 units but no other units to research. Like Netherlands. I know its small region i also know Netherlands is one of the top buyers of games, so............

Like i proposed a cpl of times before, some regions with very good relations should just have access to Russian, US and or world designs, plus techs should have an economic overhaul. Just my opinion, yea its alot of work, but i didnt come up with all those techs. Half the time they dont even make sence to me. US can make infantry in cw thats better then Russian infantry 50 years later. Thanks to Zuikaku's mod this is fixed alot, but still leave issues for small regions.
Gameplay 1st
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: technologies without any effects

Post by Kristijonas »

So it's in part a problem of small nations not having units for some techs? I think there are still some techs that have no units or effects for any country. Anyhow, most of these useless techs are in the future so it should be easy to add some 'realistic fantasy' units or effects.
Playing as Belarus I hoped I will have access to all Russian units for research, since the countries are so close in real life - was I wrong to expect it?

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”