Canadian AVGP units

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bowtie
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Canadian AVGP units

Post by bowtie »

Hi, just another 3 requested Canadian units. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVGP

The AVGP units as far as I've seen are not represented in game. It was an *amphibious* AFV and the predecessor of the LAV III and Stryker designs.

The Cougar was the "recon" version. could use any model similar to a six-wheeled recon vehicle (like existing LAV III models). Had a 76mm gun - exact same turret as a british Scorpion so you could re-use the stats from the scorpion weapon.

Grizzly was the standard infantry transport version. Had a .50 cal (12.7mm) gun.

Husky was a support vehicle based on the same chassis.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b2/43/ab ... e5c596.png

Road speed was 100km/h.
Range was 600km.
6mm side armor, 10mm front armor. I'm unsure how that translates in-game. But far less armoured than say, an M113.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Canadian AVGP units

Post by Balthagor »

Those aren't really significantly different than the Piranha. Our lists already get cluttered easily.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I think I have a reasonable complaint about that rationale for not adding a unit, though. Ive got at least 2000+ hours of the supreme ruler series and I've never seen switzerland research the piranha in any game. My beef is that playing as Canada a lot, with the logic you just used - that a similar unit already exists in another countries unit lists - I have to rely on other countries to research things and then buy their techs. But switzerland isnt going to research the piranha anytime soon. What about just adding the piranha to the canadian list?

It's a unit that's significant in the real world but not really represented in the game since it's never researched and switzerland definately never sells or exports the units in any significant quantity. If the piranha was added to other countries unit lists it would be more useful and/or significant. Or does Battlegoat have a particular stance on this issue in general? If so I haven't read that post.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I can do this if BGs agree (to avoid working on the same thing and freeing up time for BGs to work on something more important).
Please teach AI everything!
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I love your reskins dude. I'm playing japan right now just so i have an excuse to build reskin navies.

Yeah I still haven't figured out how to install your mod. Is it true that most of your unit stuff is put into the base game now? I do see a lot of your reskins and such are in teh game already. Is there a point to instaling your mod these days?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

bowtie wrote: Jun 14 2018 I love your reskins dude. I'm playing japan right now just so i have an excuse to build reskin navies.
You have confused me with Nerei who gave us all these beautifull new unit meshes :-)
bowtie wrote: Jun 14 2018
Yeah I still haven't figured out how to install your mod.
You have instructions on the first page of my thread.
bowtie wrote: Jun 14 2018 Is it true that most of your unit stuff is put into the base game now? I do see a lot of your reskins and such are in teh game already. Is there a point to instaling your mod these days?
Most of the units are in the stock game now, but... some of the unit balancing, tech and map changes are not. And there will be more differences in upcoming version of my mod. It depends what do you like. You shoul'd check the list of changes (for every version and that can be rather tiresome reading to do) and see if you like most of the changes and balances made or not. BGs do not always agree with tunings I do, so some of the changes done by me are not accepted in the stock game. But the good part is at the time.
Please teach AI everything!
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

oh dang. yeah i did. sorry bud.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

bowtie wrote: Jun 14 2018 ... I have to rely on other countries to research things...
Yes. That's kind of what we do in many cases. There are other units available for you to research IIRC. And you could buy the Piranha design from Switzerland if you want to build them.
bowtie wrote: Jun 14 2018 What about just adding the piranha to the canadian list?
I'd be fine with the Piranha as a "know design" at the start of 2017/2020 maps, but by that point you should be able to research something better or buy a better design from another region.

@Zuikaiku - I stand by not adding the AVGPs to the game, but you're certainly welcome to make a separate mod.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”