Sugg. Patrol/recon BZ

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dax1
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Sugg. Patrol/recon BZ

Post by dax1 »

I don't like (expecially for naval units) patrol point to point...I would like if my naval units go in a specific zone (BattleZone) to find enemy subs or other enemy units.
could be possible have a "Patrol Bz" or "Recon Bz" new order???
have random movement into a specific BZ could be a idea...
Con forza ed ardimento
arakan94
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Sugg. Patrol/recon BZ

Post by arakan94 »

This would be awesome.

Maybe go one step further - could be assign units to battle zones? Or to theaters? Ideally to both. And in those, AI would control them as normal.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Sugg. Patrol/recon BZ

Post by Uriens »

arakan94 wrote: Oct 10 2018 This would be awesome.

Maybe go one step further - could be assign units to battle zones? Or to theaters? Ideally to both. And in those, AI would control them as normal.
+1

In fact, biggest slowdowns i have experienced in my games are due to a pathfinding problems that happen later in games on large nations with lots of coasts, weird borders or seas (Like Japan if it expands into Asia or Mexico in shattered world scenario where Mexico starts taking over US regions in 'erratic' order and leads to lots of irregular pathing for lots of units.

This all could be avoided by organizing units into battlezones/theatres and having other means (like strategic deployment) in between those theatres to avoid long range erratic pathfinding. AI would use strategic deployment to send offensive units to borders and deploy defensive units to the rear at less computation strain.

This is, however, quite big change so i don't really know how doable it is without major rewrite of the code. I can hope though.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”