Improving late game performance by deleting units

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

arakan94
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Improving late game performance by deleting units

Post by arakan94 »

I suspect that main reason for slower late game is huge amount of units as the CPU time required for all the calculations will increase with their number.

I would suggest (maybe as optional setting) tweaking AI to have less deployed units and more reserves during peace time (which was what happened in real world after WW2).

Next option that came to my mind is to provide option to delete certain % of units from every country once the game gets too slow - this would be probably best done by standalone utility that would modify the save game. I would be willing to make it if I get specification to savegame format.. I believe many - especially those not looking for aggressive conquering game - would be happy to use it to "fix" their performance :)

Thanks for any feedback/explanations.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Improving late game performance by deleting units

Post by Uriens »

I suppose AI should have/maintain the army size that region can support with it's economy. Only exceptions should be when it's at war or preparing for one.

Also, it should upgrade units it already has (scrap old, queue new version in factory). There already is a minister option for 'Arms race' which does similar thing - it sends obsolete units for scapping in the nearest base and queues newer version in the factory so player can use it. Didn't see this being used in AI controller regions though.
Also, this 'Arms race' option should not include units that are locked from the minister. Last time i used it, minister was scrapping units i had locked as well, that poses a problem.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”