Locked minister control option

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BillyBanzai
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Locked minister control option

Post by BillyBanzai »

Hey guys, whenever I'm invading a big country with a lot of units I tend to let the minister control those units and put the initiative to FULL. Unfortunately though, the units that aren't on the frontline but someplace else often turn into merchant marine or leave their post to get to another stupid position near the battlefield(often dying or getting stuck in the process) and the only way to stop this is by manually selecting groups of units and locking them from minister control in the rules of engagement page.
Now the idea I'm proposing is to lock units from minister control by default, or even better, add the option ingame to do so instead of it being the other way around. It's very tedious when you have a 2.500 unit strong army but you only want 300 to be under minister control that you have to select the other 2.200(often spread everywhere on the map+in reserve) and lock them instead of just selecting the group of 300 and giving them permission to be used by the minister. I think that would make wars easier to manage and more enjoyable in general.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Locked minister control option

Post by Balthagor »

If you set your initial RoE for "locked from Minister" you can affect all your units, then unlock the ones you don't want. If you access RoE with no units selected, you are setting Global RoE and can make your settings the default for newly built units.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BillyBanzai
Sergeant

Post by BillyBanzai »

How come I never noticed that. :lol:
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

I have a similar suggestion/request. Could you make some changes to the Minister's Unit Initiative options? I also have units dying all over the map when I fight on several fronts. Yes I can select a group of units and lock the minister from controlling the units or even lock the minister from controlling future units. But I still lose track of hundreds and hundreds of units and all different battle groups. It takes a lot of effort to create battle groups and then add new units to it to have them all locked from the minister and keep track of damaged units. I would like to set the Initiative to low and have an option where the minister would send units only for repairs. I cannot track every single unit unless I pause the game every 2 minutes to check all war zones. If I set the Initiative to low, yes the minister will send units for repairs, but he will also preposition other units defensively in ally countries and lose many units in the process (merchant marine, etc.). So either change the Low Initiative option so that the minister will only send units for repairs, or create a new button somewhere that will automatically send units for repairs.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

golden.pole wrote: Dec 02 2018 I have a similar suggestion/request. Could you make some changes to the Minister's Unit Initiative options? I also have units dying all over the map when I fight on several fronts. Yes I can select a group of units and lock the minister from controlling the units or even lock the minister from controlling future units. But I still lose track of hundreds and hundreds of units and all different battle groups. It takes a lot of effort to create battle groups and then add new units to it to have them all locked from the minister and keep track of damaged units. I would like to set the Initiative to low and have an option where the minister would send units only for repairs. I cannot track every single unit unless I pause the game every 2 minutes to check all war zones. If I set the Initiative to low, yes the minister will send units for repairs, but he will also preposition other units defensively in ally countries and lose many units in the process (merchant marine, etc.). So either change the Low Initiative option so that the minister will only send units for repairs, or create a new button somewhere that will automatically send units for repairs.
I second that.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”