Guess who's back :)

Whether you are new to the forums or a long time contributor take a moment and introduce yourself. What games do you play? What versions of Supreme Ruler have you played? Welcome to our forums!

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

MrRipper

Guess who's back :)

Post by MrRipper »

I guess ill do my anual social thing.
I live in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. Im supposed to be 35 years but im addicted to games.
I work at home with administration stuff and websites, so usually i have SR running haha. Now i hide for my employers:P

I try to be nice and patienced this time. Thanks to Chris for bring my account back to life :)
Rhaycen
Major
Human: Yes

Re: Guess who's back :)

Post by Rhaycen »

Welcome back, try not to do anything silly this time.

Else I might say rude thing to you (in het Nederlands)
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Good to see our economy tester has returned.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

I really tried to behave.. I dont like to act this way online. (rl i act this way too, just like to get to root of problem fast)
But devs doesnt seem to listen when it comes down to economy.
Maybe just something terribly wrong with economy. I think its because of 1936 game to get the whole world crazy.
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

The economy seems to do okay, as long as people are waging war. (at least for me)

If I can produce and sell really expensive military goods to all the others blowing eachother up .. I manage just fine.
But once war is over, and prices drop like a brick ... I usually find that there isn't enough consumption of consume goods to keep a large economy running at a positive.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Yea thought so. Problem for me i like to start in modern scenario and usually without starting units because of speed issues.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You seem to believe that issues can be resolved with the snap of a finger though.

I've said it in other threads - there are problems with the economy, particularly the modern maps. They cause problems, but don't make the game "unplayable". We have been and will continue to review and make adjustments, but we do them in increments, not major shifts that could do more damage than good.

We appreciate your contributions, you just have to follow to rules and we'll all get along just fine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Your right i think that, giving problems fast with other people. Usually people in charge.

Ill try to learn about modding and maybe i can do more tests in economy.
Giving us a chance to test future updates is a good step.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Ok couldnt help myself i got into problems again. I will prolly be banned after telling Chris the truth.

I was very dissapointed in changes since christmas. I guess i was naive and think devs would understand importance of SR2020, but guess not.

Seeing topics all the time about economy hurts me they do that to this game. Its very easy to fix as WuOne showed with his mods. I checked the files with game files and what the devs change, well ill keep it nice. Its not enough. Will prolly take them years.

Then the whole issues with dropping CB's basicly does it for me. This feature with suporting opposition seems nice, but turns out in a more peacefull world. Devs say they add events on GC. Well i dont see them. I must say i play with no start units, but in SR2020 that doesnt really mather. No wars in Africa/South America. Africa well i dont understand why not.

I had a very interesting discussion with GreenGoblin about Argentina having CB against UK. I think we can say the discussion was going about hundreds of years of history and went forward in time. That was SR2020. Things like that mather. NL still starting with a little CB against Venezuela, because Venezuela declared war on Netherlands early 20th century. Stuff like that all in the game represented as CB.

Now i feel like im playing a version of Ruler of Nations/Geo Political simulator. Fake unit movement through oceans. Things all going automatic. And full of bugs if you cant adjust from SR2020.

I really like this game and i can never deny that. I almost played 900 hrs in Ultimate. But thats mainly because it was much harder to dominate europa for example. With tons of nations getting at you if you went to far. The whole dictator feel is almost gone for me. Ppl talking about realism in new ideas/features, well this whole auto thing going on will always carry bugs with them in new features. Devs says theres no new game planned and Chris is doing other work, who knows what happens to the rest? Or thats it? I heard there were 5.

I guess im pretty much alone on the dropping CB issue, sinse only 1 person reported the dropping CB with me on steam, but thats not all. Devs removed all history in GC, red nations are full of CB against other nations, so theres no way to get a 100% CB against another country if you play as a blue nation. Well maybe for 1 day then it drops 10% again.
Is just everyone blind because of this suport opposition feature? Already reports on steam about world market approval having 'weird bugs'.

Well in short thats my game review. I have this game 4 months and things went from bad to worse. Who knows what happens next. Devs already said they have tons of new features for us. Well remember what i said about this game.
Ofcourse i expected much more by the advertisement of this game. Going on in history like in no other game. 15 years of development. Right. Play 36 and 1-2 countries will own 70% of planet. If you release nations its all messed up so dont wanna see that stuff. Im used to other games where that works 100% all the time with historical borders and no attached bugs. Games like HoI altho i must see what they bring with new games. Prolly giving in on ppl complaining about micromanagemnt just like BG. Well look back in gaming history. Many games fall that way. I guess its not bad sinse its Ultimate and no new game is planned, but that kinda attitude i have problems with.

So i guess in the end i always turn back into problems with devs. I dont wanna waste eithers time and seem i cant help BG sinse they deny certain issues i mentioned. It was nice to know you all and i hope some of you keep guiding them into the right direction.
Guess who's gone :cry:
Dont worry about me. I will check things now and then and guess in maybe 2 years play this game. Or Fistalis comes out with a very good MW :wink:
Just watch out for devs connecting the game to much to difficulty settings. I could make a topic about it what changed sinse christmas, but i leave that to you guys im on a pension :lol:
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Maybe you should put a little bit more effort into describing the problems you have clearly in separate threads and supplying saves and/or screenshots to back them up. I agree with you on many of the points you have made, however I can't be bothered personally to report every issue I find or complain about every part of the game which doesn't seem to work right because I'm not being paid and because you really have to do things properly to get a positive response from the devs and see the thing fixed. If we had more people who were prepared to report problems in detail every so often and make suggestions without writing literally screeds of text (very intimidating) then maybe improvements would be seen far sooner. If you complain about every problem you have on every thread on the forum with one-liner posts then it is not surprising if much of the stuff you are complaining about goes unnoticed. That said, there is no excuse for amphibious MM still being in the state which it is in now. This, for me, makes it just about unplayable if you are a country with a coastline. :x
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

I spend 1 evening testing and discussing the dropping CB on steam. I just hoped between those lines other ppl will come with topics. I just cant play more then 6 months in a game i bought with starting units. So the test was pretty soon over. Chris denied what happened and made a bad attempt in switching months so theres no point for me in discussing it further.

Its ok i wait 2 years and game will prolly run fine. Take care of the game guys. Modders wont notice lotsa problems because they dont play the game much i think.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Part of the test:

Februari 18: China declared war on Taiwan CB 64%

March 1 Top 10 CB (like we need top 10)
1. China 54% CB

I think i cant help you anymore. If you dont want to see it.

Chris last reply on issue:

chrisahl [ontwikkelaar] 20 jan om 4:59vm
Origineel geplaatst door "_" NL:
Top 10 CB 8 april:
1. China 51%

Origineel geplaatst door "_" NL:
March 1 Top 10 CB (like we need top 10)
1. China 54% CB

Either you've started posting them out of order (April before March) or that's an increase of 3%.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Dang in my game review i forgot most important improvement in SR:U. The proxy war system. But since christmas/dropping cb's thats useless now. I liked that alot, because thats the way i got cb's starting without units. Would give you lotsa 100% CB against countries participating in the war.

Also worked the other way. Defended Germany in GC against Russia and eventually Russia and Belarus declared war on me! That was one of the coolest games i played.

I dont think my game review is finished yet...
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

RIPper :cry:

Return to “Introductions”