MP strategic bombers

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Legend, Balthagor, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: MP strategic bombers

#16 Post by Balthagor » Jun 13 2018

We'll look into that specifically. The pool system has been in there for quite some time, but might have stopped working at some point without anyone else noticing.

Consider that the more you are passive aggressive, the more likely I am to skip reading the post. On a few occasions your posts have been close to getting an official warning for being rude. You contribute a lot and help other users so get some slack from me, but don't forget that this forums has one rule - don't be rude. You really don't want to break that rule.

Cheers,
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

#17 Post by YoMomma » Jun 14 2018

You dont know how much burden got of my shoulders now your looking into this. Now i can understand that you were saying this game doesn't have alot of bugs. Well atleast after you fixed all the small issues which your gonna find hehe, but look at it this way, you will prolly also find alot of causes. One last thing i would appreciate is to give a clear difference between starting option of using nuclear weapons. So if option is turned off, that none would be send in the strategic pool.

I still ask people to give importance to BG about specific issue of putting too many platforms in the strategic pool, atleast if you wanna fight US and Russia fairly. If this is connected to nuclear missiles in region orbat im fine with it
Gameplay 1st

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#18 Post by Balthagor » Jun 14 2018

YoMomma wrote:
Jun 14 2018
...starting option of using nuclear weapons. So if option is turned off, that none would be send in the strategic pool.
The strategic pool can be used conventionally also. If you put 50 bombers into it, then push the big red button, it will use those forces to attack the enemy. It's not just about nukes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

#19 Post by d-bassett » Jun 14 2018

YoMomma wrote:
Jun 13 2018
...And if those units were usefull in strategic pool, that would be 1 thing, but as Russia you can nuke US without retaliation...
After some testing we have confirmed the AI properly uses the strategic targeting, specifically a player as Soviet Union nuking the US (AI) and the US deploying the strategic pool to nuke the Soviet Union in return.

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

#20 Post by YoMomma » Jun 14 2018

Again like i said, i dont know if it works on CW, but it doesnt on modern campaigns. Nuclear attacks were handled different by the AI in SR2020. So it might be that it's broken because of this.
Gameplay 1st

d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

#21 Post by d-bassett » Jun 14 2018

It is confirmed to be working on the Cold War start, I will look into the modern starts as well.

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

#22 Post by YoMomma » Jun 14 2018

Nice, then it wouldnt be to hard to fix for modern campaigns i guess.

BTW how all 14k people survived that attack? :lol:
Gameplay 1st

d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

#23 Post by d-bassett » Jun 14 2018

Confirmed working on 2020 start as well.

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

#24 Post by YoMomma » Jun 14 2018

Yes, im sorry. It's working on my side as well.

There are some issues in running games, but i tested a save game with 10 game years and US launched a combined attack with UK.

Sometimes there aren't platforms available in the strategic pool, but there are units available in reserves. This get fixed after reserving all deployed units or just by running the clock.

Another issue i had was that some missiles are greyed out, and didn't load in the pool, but after reloading the save i couldn't reproduce this. The greyed out missiles were loading then.

I was 100% sure i tested this last week for something and there was no retaliation, but i cant replicate it, so i guess i was mistaken something.

I think there's still something to do to manually launched nuclear missiles, i think at one point the AI would also launch a pool attack, but yeah that's prolly getting too far off topic.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Issues and Support”