Map Errata

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Map Errata

Post by Balthagor »

samuel_1991 wrote: Mar 10 2018 In X:265 Y:200 (USA), I have an Industrial Factory instead of Industrial Complex in the Center.

SAV file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l39jl8z4ka40x46/JPN2.SAV?dl=0
I think you're savegame was made with an older version. When I look at the starting map for 1949 that hex is empty.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Consider adding Kerch bridge which is connecting Crimea with Russian "mainland" in 2020 scenarios. Maybe even in 2017 if it is possible to just start construction not make it finished...(since we actually can't build over "UN territory" which would be required for player or AI to build this bridge ingame)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

ixonixas wrote: Nov 30 2014 For 2020 map:

There should be an Airbase (Not an airfield) in Šiauliai (Lithuania), because NATO by 2020 have plans of establishing a big Baltic Air Force base there. (Can't give you a source, it is still kind of secret, which everyone knows already :lol: )
And an Airfield in Vilnius (Lithuania): Vilnius International Airport http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilnius_Airport
Also there should be a hydropower plant in Kaunas (Lithuania): http://en.wikipedia.or/wiki/Kaunas_Hydr ... ower_Plant

I want to suggest that each Baltic country capital (Riga, Vilnius, Tallin) would have at least 1 BUSINESS SECTOR building. Our economies are one of the most stable and are trusted in EU. Before crisis our economies were knows as "Baltic tiger", so that would increase already small chance of survival in the game for them at least a bit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Tiger
added in 2020
" 'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

MrRipper wrote: Dec 01 2014 Thanks. Im not saying you should integrate all. Im just saying as dutch citizen with historical knowledge of my country i can help you, instead of using 1 source on the internet. Still cant accept you wont put airport schiphol in there, the third busiest airfield of europe in 2013, but oh well guess i cant win them all.

Next ill tell you about dutch ports and infrastructure.
The afsluitdijk (closure dike) hex 845-139, 848-138, in game a bridge, is a dike. So land should be put there, just a small stroke. No big ships can enter the ijsselmeer and therefore there are no sea piers or ports in that area. When they build the afsluitdijk in 1929 (lacking in 1936/cw scenario) they builded the north sea canal, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sea_Canal, So Amsterdam sea port (and ijsselmeer) had a direct connection to the north sea. This canal is lacking in game, so is Amsterdam sea port. I hope i dont have to remember you of the importance of Amsterdam sea port, something with Dutch owning the world in 17th century.
But i understand its just a game, and canals take space and with the netherlands not that big, its hard to put it all in game. If the north sea canal cant be implemented, i would put the sea port in Velsen Zuid, hex 844-141.
The Island in Ijsselmeer (Flevoland), right of Amsterdam was build in 75 years, starting in 1924 http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flevoland. The actual island was more or less completed in 1969, so only in modern scenarios this island should be there (and the cities). Sea Pier in Almere should be removed.
Although there are no militairy ships build, Den Helder is the maritime base for the Netherlands, sea pier should be sea port. http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willemsoord_(marinewerf).
Most of these changes have been implemented; Dan Helder now has a sea port, land has been filled in for the afsluitdijk in the 1936 map, Amsterdam will remain without a sea port for pathing reasons so Almere will keep its sea pier.
SixthtySixthSix
Lieutenant

Post by SixthtySixthSix »

number47 wrote: May 15 2018 Consider adding Kerch bridge which is connecting Crimea with Russian "mainland" in 2020 scenarios. Maybe even in 2017 if it is possible to just start construction not make it finished...(since we actually can't build over "UN territory" which would be required for player or AI to build this bridge ingame)
agreed... the international waters designation may be disregarded. Go russia!

oh, wait. can i trick it by building an oceanic complex and a road on top? (...tries it) ah battlegoat... all of the oil has been placed in 'non-international territory. i suspect manipulation.

Yes, please. Ultimate needs the Kerch bridge.
Your mouse has moved. The system has to be updated for the changes to take effect. Restart now?
EnemyShine
Sergeant

Post by EnemyShine »

SixthtySixthSix wrote: Jun 23 2018
number47 wrote: May 15 2018 Consider adding Kerch bridge which is connecting Crimea with Russian "mainland" in 2020 scenarios. Maybe even in 2017 if it is possible to just start construction not make it finished...(since we actually can't build over "UN territory" which would be required for player or AI to build this bridge ingame)
Sea of Azov is internal sea of Russia and Ukraine regulated by treaty between them. It's not international waters, Russia and Ukraine can build anything in their internal sea.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

In-game though the Kerch strait and much of the Sea of Azov is international water which is where the argument about international waters stems from. Personally I would say splitting it between Russia and Ukraine is probably a good idea. I doubt it is important to have as international waters from a gameplay perspective.

Also while we are talking about large bridges and such can we have the Saikan railway tunnel added? I can give you the coordinates if you want.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Post the coordinates, we'll take a look.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

It is not just the tunnel itself that is missing but the entire rail-line connecting Aomori (1643x204) with Hakodate (1639x198). The rail line would be most accurate to have in the hexes:
(1642x204)
(1641x203)
(1640x203)
(1639x202)
(1639x201)
(1638x201)
(1637x200)
(1637x199)
(1637x198)
(1638x198)

The tunnel was opened in 1988 so it would be present on any maps from that point forward.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

So this is by no means a major issue, but as I am partly Faroese my self, I do find it funny that you decided there would be trees on these treeless isles. [_]O :lol:

The coordinates are X:744 Y:096

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flora_of_ ... oe_Islands
There are no native forests in the Faroe Islands, and only a few woody plants occur. Findings of Betula pubescens trunks and branches in the soil, dated to c. 2300 BC, and the abundance of Corylus pollen in deep layers, suggest that at least some local stands of birch and hazel trees were present in the Faroe Islands, prior to human settlement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

SixthtySixthSix wrote: Jun 23 2018

oh, wait. can i trick it by building an oceanic complex and a road on top? (...tries it) ah battlegoat... all of the oil has been placed in 'non-international territory. i suspect manipulation.

Yes, please. Ultimate needs the Kerch bridge.
Kerch bridge has been added for SRU modern maps :)
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

Eldin wrote: Jul 10 2018 So this is by no means a major issue, but as I am partly Faroese my self, I do find it funny that you decided there would be trees on these treeless isles. [_]O :lol:

There are no native forests in the Faroe Islands, and only a few woody plants occur. Findings of Betula pubescens trunks and branches in the soil, dated to c. 2300 BC, and the abundance of Corylus pollen in deep layers, suggest that at least some local stands of birch and hazel trees were present in the Faroe Islands, prior to human settlement.

Easy fix, will adjust :)
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

DuSean wrote: Aug 02 2018
Eldin wrote: Jul 10 2018 So this is by no means a major issue, but as I am partly Faroese my self, I do find it funny that you decided there would be trees on these treeless isles. [_]O :lol:

Easy fix, will adjust :)

Nice! Thanks. :)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Found a city that can not be reached by land, even if using bridging units. I tried having engineers bridge on every tile around it and sending in ground troops, they could not attack and I could not even get the garrisons to spawn. Capital of Sahara in the 1936 sandbox, northwest africa.

"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just started a new game as Spain, got a pier built there. I was able to unload a unit, drive it off the city and back on.

Anyone else having an issue like this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”