Unit Errata

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Errata

Post by Zuikaku »

ki-84 Hayate and A7M reppu have too low air attack ratings (just slightly pver the ratings of A6Ms)? Why is that since they were most advanced Japanese fighters that were on pair with Corsairs and P-51s?

Bf-109G10 have air attack ratings of 15/20 while more powerfull and advanced Ki-84 have only 12/10.
Most of Japanese fighters (like Ki-102) seem to be rated too low in air attack -especially comparing to contemporary german and allied designs. Most japanese aircrafts shoul'd be inferior in their air defense ratings which was just awfull due lack of armor and self sealing fuel tanks, but not in their air attack ratings since they were well armed (Ki-84, A7M, Ki-61, N1K, Ki-102) and highly agile.

And Me-262 (with it's 4X30mm cannons) has lower air attack ratings than Bf-109G10 which is just ridiculous!

Heavily armed Fw-190 (known as the "butcher bird" and bomber destroyer) also have insanely low air attack ratings. WW2 aircrafts seem completely unbalanced!
Please teach AI everything!
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

There is something wrong with the some unit movement speeds. Particularly talking about the AC-130H (432 km/h) and with AH-70 Arbest (325 Km/h).
Today playing my US campaign i have noticed this while moving my troops. I realized that the AH-70 was moving faster than the Ac-130, quiet faster i have to say :-? ... I will check if other units behaves.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I noticed that the JAS 39 Sea Gripen is not carrier based. I assume since this unit is called the "Sea" Gripen it should be carrier based right?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

There are 2 indentical Fw 190 unit designs. Both interceptors and both with the same name and stats.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:There are 2 indentical Fw 190 unit designs. Both interceptors and both with the same name and stats.
You could've written the unitID numbers since you already found them :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I dont know if this is right place for missing units?

For example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhay_IFV (dont even have BMP-2 for India)

And what about:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-14_Armata

Or yankees dont like? I know they are main costumers, but...
Gameplay 1st
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

What does a Major League Baseball team have to do with a T-14 ?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Not much, i guess thats why its not in game. Same with all the 0 production facilities. All in Russia/Asia and some in europe. Didnt find any in Canada or US.
But T14/T15 is superior to western militairy. Like it or not. 2300 T14 tanks planned before 2020. World is changing rappidly in Russia and Asia, but gets ignored in this game.
Anyway a game is ment to be a challenge and it would be cool that each country has it strong points. After all it's a game, besides it's realistic. Not red super weak so you please your customers.
Gameplay 1st
number47
General

Post by number47 »

YoMomma wrote:I dont know if this is right place for missing units?
Actually, it is not the right place as this thread is used to point out the errors in the existing in-game units.

There used to be "Missing Units" thread somewhere...that's what you need. :wink:

EDIT: not the one I had in mind but still good enough: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... sing+units
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Ah ok cool. The topic sounds like latin. But it's unit errors. Well i already posted my thought. If i made this game, i would be sure to get things like this updated in the game. If you feel any pride towards the game. You can discuss every unit, but atleast update the main battle units in a modern map. Maybe im wrong.
Gameplay 1st
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Actually, there is a T-14 Armata in the game but as BG didn't know the actual designation 10 years ago when they did the original unit database for sr2020, they called it T-12 Black Eagle...close enough, I might add :-)

The issues still stands that they should have updated the unit list for Ultimate version released in 2014. :wink:
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

See, i wasnt sure, but then its in the right place. Name not good and from what i read, even western sources say its the tank the western powers can only dream off. 100% anti missile, 1st robotic tank, piercing like no other, etc.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:Actually, there is a T-14 Armata in the game but as BG didn't know the actual designation 10 years ago when they did the original unit database for sr2020, they called it T-12 Black Eagle...close enough, I might add :-)

:
Well, that is not the same tank - even conceptually.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Surprised this one went unnoticed, and not sure if your still updating things, but theres some funk going on with missile size capacities for the US. Seems that the B29 (size 10) can take a larger missile then the B36(size 8) and the B-50(size 4). The ideal fix would be to make the B-29/B-50 a size 8 missile and then the B-36 should be whatever the largest missile size in game is since it was able to carry anything in the US arsenal at the time.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BMP-1 having much lower attack and defence stats than BTR-60PB - so AI never builds BMP-1

BMP-2 having almost the same attack and defence stats as BTR-60PB (which is just laughable) so AI never builds BMP-2 as result

Light infantry being far more superior and cheaper than non generic APCs and AFVs of the era - as the result AI prefers building light infantry

And ,please, just tone down all types of engineer/pioniere units!! They shoul'd be good at attacking forts, bridging and building things, but they are not special forces good at everything!!!

Return to “Issues and Support”