Repaying debt

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Repaying debt

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Repaying debt manually, will this be included in the future?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Repaying debt

Post by Balthagor »

By default, there are no bonds in SR1936.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

If you take some debt, then sell designs/tech due to improved relations with other countries(get lots of money) and want to pay back even though your minister dosen't want to due to a budget defect.
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:If you take some debt...
This is not possible in the game without changing the game settings. When you "enable" debt, it is the bonds system from SRCW with no changes. You need to task your minister to repay them if you want them payed off.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:If you take some debt...
This is not possible in the game without changing the game settings. When you "enable" debt, it is the bonds system from SRCW with no changes. You need to task your minister to repay them if you want them payed off.
noted guimod1
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Was thinking maybe wait until someone make a guimod or make one myself :lol:, this thinking of ours is starting to get telepathic :lol:
Happy Linux user!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Was thinking maybe wait until someone make a guimod or make one myself :lol:, this thinking of ours is starting to get telepathic :lol:
The reason I haven't made it yet is they are still doing alot of work the UI themselves.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

yup, myself in a dilemma of colouring the UI or not, leaning the same way you atm :-)
Happy Linux user!
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Balthagor wrote:By default, there are no bonds in SR1936.
I have a question about this. Why?

I notice in your manual it says
Debt - The concept of publicly held bonds modeled in previous Supreme Ruler titles is a more modern concept and therefore has become a lobby option that defaults off. Players who prefer that style of play are welcome to reengage the option. When active, the minister will issue bonds as needed to maintain a positive treasury balance. If you wish to reduce your publicly held debt, simply assign your minister the priority to Reduce Regional Debt and he will begin repaying the outstanding bonds as the treasury allows.
I'm a bit perplexed by this, though it is perhaps my own ignorance at fault.

I was under the impression that "bonds" as a class of security were being issued by public authorities, and companies as early as the 1600s, no?

Look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_%28finance%29#Yield just on the right hand side of that section of the "Bond (finance)" wiki page, there is an image of a bond issued by the Dutch East India Company in 1623.

Certainly "Buy War Bonds!" was a huge thing in WWII in the U.S. and I believe in a number of other countries. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but perhaps also in WWI?

Results of a Google Advanced Search for exact string: Buy War Bonds

So forgive me if I'm wrong, but it strikes me that you guys are rather in error in making the default setting for SRU to be no regional issuance of bonds.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

So is there no user interface for receiving/paying bonds manually?? Or am I just missing it?

EDIT: I think I found it! Under FINANCE. Exactly where you can lock your minister from changing taxes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

correct, was added a 1 or 2 updates back.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

So, I see that my post above from two years ago was ignored. I'd like to get some clarification on the intended design of "bonds" in SRU at this stage.

My understanding is that it is NOT possible for the player to manually control purchase of bonds for sandbox or campaign starts in the earlier phases (1936 perhaps later ones too?).

Again I ask: why?

Is this a game play balancing adjustment or do you have the sense that publicly issued bonds were in fact NOT A THING until "modern times." If the latter then I would redirect you to read my post above where I provide sources showing that public issuance of bonds in the modern post-Westphalian nation-state system has occurred since the 1600s at least. I would be shocked if similar forms of financing did not exist at various pre-modern phases as well, in particular late Republican and early Imperial Rome . . .

A couple related questions: does manual control of bonds by the player "activate" at some point based on historical year in game or else as a result of achieving a particular tech?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

it is possible to play with bonds
in the newgame - scenario settings
there is an option "Initial Funds" change "No New Bonds" to ie. "Default" and you can spend your deficits the whole time !
In game directly at the Finance minister/cabinet subwindow there you can see an icon with a green $ and issue a new bond.

that 1914 sandbox has bond disabled by default - the 1917 sandbox has its already enabled...
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

evildari wrote: Mar 03 2018 it is possible to play with bonds
in the newgame - scenario settings
there is an option "Initial Funds" change "No New Bonds" to ie. "Default" and you can spend your deficits the whole time !
In game directly at the Finance minister/cabinet subwindow there you can see an icon with a green $ and issue a new bond.

that 1914 sandbox has bond disabled by default - the 1917 sandbox has its already enabled...
Are you talking about SRU or SRU+GW?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

SRU with the GW DLC
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”