How to launch Nuclear in SRU, WW2 Campiagn

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

samuel_1991
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

How to launch Nuclear in SRU, WW2 Campiagn

Post by samuel_1991 »

I played as Japan, researched nukes and now it is in the 50s.

The war is not over yet while I am focusing on taking Alaska and now aiming to nuke Hawaii.

I have tried enable both Nuclear & Chemical Weapon permissions as well as Nuclear permissions only.

Neither allow me to set launch authority in the Nuke loaded in a Strategic bomber.

Then, I tried using strategic weapon interface by reserving all these nuclear capable bombers.

But I still did not see where was being nuked despite red button is pressed.
All other countries that are at war with me including Argentina as well as colonies of US such as Puerto Rico “used strategic weapons” against me.

Likewise, I see none of my complex being nuked.

So how?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: How to launch Nuclear in SRU, WW2 Campiagn

Post by evildari »

for the strategic attack reserve - did you also put the right size payload also in the reserve ?
And could the bomber reach your targets from their current base ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Con forza ed ardimento
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Post by samuel_1991 »

Hi, I checked again and this was what happened:

I tried to load those with size 8 (Max size) bombers with those 50kt nuclear warhead (size 8).

By using the Strategic way (Red button), it will actually auto target various enemies and actually nuked it.

But I find it weird because these bombers with a range of 5100km / 6000km can start flying from Pacific to places like Argentina or DC to nuke them with 250% fuel.

As for normal way to 'Fire Missile' with a Strategic Bomber (Ironically I have Sub / Naval based nukes as well but do not have the platform in 1952), it may not fire the nuke if it is close to Anti Air units or being shot (damaged) by AA.

Therefore, the main issue now is that SRU (Or maybe other series also) cannot allow players to delegate launch authority to auto launch just like other non-nuclear missiles.

Return to “Issues and Support”