Calculation of the World Market Price

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Calculation of the World Market Price

Post by evildari »

How is the World Market Price calculated.
In my case, the world is my region so i guessed that one of the 2 values would be similar to that "world market price".
Either my Production costs (plus some profit) or the domestic price i charge for quit some time.
But the world market price is nowhere near my regions values - why ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Gman
Warrant Officer

Re: Calculation of the World Market Price

Post by Gman »

In your example, everything appears correct. Your production cost is the top number. It is independent of world market values. In your example, 106. It is from this number, your production cost, or 106, that the domestic price is determined. 106 x 41% is the 149.

149 is the price at which consumers in your own country purchase the good. This number may be higher or lower than the world market value. Think of the domestic price as the effect that taxes, regulation and profit have on the goods for the people in your country.

In your example, food production costs are very high compared with the world. If you do not import your food then your citizens must purchase from these companies at a higher price, because it will still be taxed, and companies will still need to make money or go out of business.

A more efficient economy, not necessarily self-sufficient, would substantially decrease food production, import the food from abroad until the decrease in production causes world food prices to raise. In my games as us, I put offline all my food and do auto trade agreements with many, many nations when they offer a “good deal”. This puts an upward price pressure on food because you’ll buying a ton of it at little money to you, but to them it’s a huge profit cause their production costs are so much less than yours. Prices will come up, then I put food online gradually until an acceptable equilibrium is reach.

Hope this helps.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

the problem in my scenario is :

there is NO abroad - i own the whole planet
there are no other nations alive, and thus there are no other producers - see this screenshot

basically my region is the world - that's the reason i assume that the world market price would be somehow similar to either my production costs or the domestic price i charge - or at least something in between.

Here a screenshot of (SEP12 - the ingame date of my savefile)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well as much as i like to see devs explain this, we wont see that happen. So here you go; theres a hidden region the economy is build on, but guess you figured that out now.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As per the other thread - The engine does not work well with only one region. It's not designed to work like that and we don't plan to allocate resources to that. You've won, you're the Supreme Ruler.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”