Freezing up when alt-tabbing

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Freezing up when alt-tabbing

Post by way2co0l »

Ok, this has happened to me twice now and I'm not currently 100% what's causing it. I'll give the limited information I can and perhaps others can contribute or I can add to it if it continues to happen.

Basically on 2 separate occasions now, I've been in different areas of the main screen for sandbox game creation and alt tabbed while I look at other things in my browser. When I tabbed back, the game was unresponsive. Not in the way that games normally freeze up though. My cursor didn't show up and I couldn't interact with anything, but unlike normal freezes, attempting to click didn't cause the program to notify me that it wasn't responding. It was definitely unresponsive, but it didn't give me the notification and the prompt to wait or to close it. I had to close it through the task manager on both occasions. I wasn't actually in game either time as I was still deciding on what settings I was going to use, and was alt tabbed out of the program for at least several minutes but I don't recall exactly how long. Also, it happened once when playing from the Ultimate version, and once from TGW version.

That's basically all I have. Not sure what's causing it but I'll definitely add to this if it continues to happen.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Re: Freezing up when alt-tabbing

Post by d-bassett »

What are your graphic settings of the game? Are you running in windowed mode or fullscreen?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

1920x1080 high resolution in windowed mode. The only thing disabled is to use the hardware mouse pointer. I honestly haven't touched these settings in years and don't believe I've ever had it happen to me. I did recently update my nvidea graphics drivers and it's my first time playing since then, in addition to the new updates as well.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

way2co0l wrote: Jun 20 2018 1920x1080 high resolution in windowed mode. The only thing disabled is to use the hardware mouse pointer. I honestly haven't touched these settings in years and don't believe I've ever had it happen to me. I did recently update my nvidea graphics drivers and it's my first time playing since then, in addition to the new updates as well.
Are you running Windows 10?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm also experiencing issues with alt+tab. The only way I can successfully alt+tab is if I opened another program before starting the game. If the game is the only thing running, there is no alt+tabing for me :-?
I'm on win10pro
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Buzzbrad wrote: Jun 21 2018 Are you running Windows 10?
I'm on windows 10, yes. I've yet to experience the issue again though and that's with several hours of play time as well as intentionally leaving it alt tabbed on the main screen for several hours while I do other things. So yeah, really not sure. :/

Return to “Issues and Support”