Units not moving sometimes, engine or computer problem?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Units not moving sometimes, engine or computer problem?

Post by jakers »

Sometimes the AI units that are in war and that should fight each other (Germany and Czech last time) don't move their units for several days or just seem to flicker units in and out, like they deployed them, but then decided to reserve them half a second later. I set units to be aggresive, world volatility to very high and a bunch of stuff like that, but I get this on a regular basis, not all the time, but still... Could global rules of engagement affect this or do they only affect my units?

The main thing that makes them finally move is when a enemy unit takes some land, then they finally decide to do something, but even that doesn't work all the time and last time I played, a single Czech unit took a bunch of German territory with German units just doing nothing, until they suddenly decided to act normally.

I have an I5 3450 and 8gb of RAM, so it should be more than enough for it to not be hardware related, and it happens from day one, it's not a problem that happens only after several real life hours have past.
jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Units not moving sometimes, engine or computer problem?

Post by jakers »

No one? :-(
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Units not moving sometimes, engine or computer problem?

Post by Leafgreen »

I've seen it happen sometimes when the engine starts getting overwhelmed, and units switching sides. But your computer should handle it fine especially on day 1 - that sounds more like they are getting conflicting orders though.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “Issues and Support”