Balancing GDP growth

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Balancing GDP growth

Post by YoMomma »

way2co0l wrote: Aug 13 2018 They really just need to be spending less so that they can spend more. haha. That sounds so weird to say, but yeah, the cost to achieve the ratings they have are too high, and by making it cheaper for them to get those ratings, they can spend more to get to higher ratings, which is essentially what they need to be able to do.
Well thats one of your best arguments, and i finally get what you are proposing, cause lowering GDP growth is very broad.

Thing is i believe your proposed fix already exists in .wmdata with wmrelrate. This setting should do exactly what you want, lower gdp and expenses per facility and other things, and for WW2 it's 0.150 where for 2020 it's 1.0, which should be SR2020 economy settings but are far from it.

Apparently its not what we are looking for, but still gonna look if China and India performs better with lowering it. It could be that this wmrelrate moves to fast to a higher value with world GDP/C growing as an gas bell waiting to explode, which means there is no other way then improve AI investments in my opinion. Stop them from investing fully in healthcare and family subsidy is a start, migh as well help with these crazy immigration going on in the world.
Last edited by YoMomma on Aug 14 2018, edited 2 times in total.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Balancing GDP growth

Post by evildari »

way2co0l wrote: Aug 13 2018 ... You should be having to actively spend to try to avoid high unemployment, and GDP should grow slowly unless you're making serious efforts to boost it through investment.
that describes how it should be and as it is in real life too.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”