Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Franc007She
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Bug Report: Unexplained Spending, v9.1.76

Post by Franc007She »

Version: 9.1.76
Mods: No

The actual change of the treasure does not match the balance that be shown in the finance page for everyday in game. There is about 2 or 3 billion per day to be losted by no reason when it comes out for the first time around 2020. And this unreasonable expense bacomes larger and large. At the end of my last game (Oct. 2050) it is about 100 billion per day.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Bug Report: Unexplained Spending, v9.1.76

Post by Leafgreen »

That's quite a large amount and I am assuming you have checked everything from paying off loans to war preparation and it isn't trade purchases increasing over time as your population does.

I can't speak for the devs, but personally I would want to poke around and get a better idea of what is not causing the problem - to help narrow down what could be causing the problem. Any chance you could link the savegame with dropbox?
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

Please zip the save file and send it to me via email at d.bassett@battlegoat.com or link to it here in the forums.
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

Leafgreen wrote: Aug 23 2018 That's quite a large amount and I am assuming you have checked everything from paying off loans to war preparation and it isn't trade purchases increasing over time as your population does.

I can't speak for the devs, but personally I would want to poke around and get a better idea of what is not causing the problem - to help narrow down what could be causing the problem. Any chance you could link the savegame with dropbox?
I am in peace and no military spending. My troops is composed by 16 battalions and a transport ship. No training and no salary for the military forces. The saved game is uploaded as follow:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zj-n8 ... nFbAoPOl_8
BTW: I made a small modification and allow to build facilities on the narrow rivers.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

While losing 100 Billion a day does sound like alot, your treasury is currently at 17 Trillion making the loss around 0.5%. This is not including and diplomatic trades that you have set up which are not counted towards the treasury totals. The issue has been discussed before you can read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29249&sid=af40f77a ... 2bbfc9bafb. The loss of the values happens because of how the math is done using floating point numbers, it is done this way for game performance. The amount lost is directly related to the total value of your treasury, as the treasury increases so does the amount lost which is why it is so noticeable at 17 trillion.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

d-bassett wrote: Aug 23 2018 While losing 100 Billion a day does sound like alot, your treasury is currently at 17 Trillion making the loss around 0.5%. This is not including and diplomatic trades that you have set up which are not counted towards the treasury totals. The issue has been discussed before you can read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29249&sid=af40f77a ... 2bbfc9bafb. The loss of the values happens because of how the math is done using floating point numbers, it is done this way for game performance. The amount lost is directly related to the total value of your treasury, as the treasury increases so does the amount lost which is why it is so noticeable at 17 trillion.
nice - only around half year and his treasury is gone... still wrong comparison to defend that buggy calculation
btw. the link with the ip.numbers wont work for me
Since CPU-resources cant be the issue (3d-models instead the nice old clean-looking 2d bitmaps in the UI), an upgrade to the treasury calculation would way more useful than distorted models in unit viewer and too small models in the facilities screen.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

d-bassett wrote: Aug 23 2018 While losing 100 Billion a day does sound like alot, your treasury is currently at 17 Trillion making the loss around 0.5%. This is not including and diplomatic trades that you have set up which are not counted towards the treasury totals. The issue has been discussed before you can read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29249&sid=af40f77a ... 2bbfc9bafb. The loss of the values happens because of how the math is done using floating point numbers, it is done this way for game performance. The amount lost is directly related to the total value of your treasury, as the treasury increases so does the amount lost which is why it is so noticeable at 17 trillion.
In fact I have to keep the financial balance by the diplomat trade.

Return to “Issues and Support”