Strategic Reserve and Missiles

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Strategic Reserve and Missiles

Post by SGTscuba »

I've been playing the '36 scenario and have been trying to get away from pure bomber based systems for my deterrence system. However, when I deploy ships to the reserve and supply the reserve with ship launched cruise missiles and press the "launch" button, they all go into columns in the North Atlantic, equipped with the missiles but do not fire them as they are to far away from the target. They do not attempt to close the distance. "Boomers" do the same thing as surface ships if they are equipped with shorter range missiles.

Its not a case of the target being too far from the sea, but of the ships not moving closer to the target.

I've noticed sometimes as well that when launching bombers, they don't always hit the target because they lack sufficient range. The planes could hit the target though if they were launched from a base closer to the target and if the target selected was closer. It seems like the targeting system sometimes ignore targets that are in range, and launch sites that would permit this, and gives it a random one from your territory to the enemy territory.

Is anyone else experiencing this and what are possible suggestions for fixing it?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Strategic Reserve and Missiles

Post by YoMomma »

Yeah i got a suggestion, free strategic bombers and nuclear subs for the AI and remove strategic pool.

Anyway the issue your experiencing is prolly due to operational range since in 2020 it works, or atleast used to.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Issues and Support”