Great Finland!

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Great Finland!

Post by Cdiplayer »

So I have decided to play a game as Finland, one of the nations my family hails from. My goal in this game is to attain Finland's "natural boundaries". With Germany as my allies I launched a preemptive strike against the Soviets in 1937 and rapidly advanced on Leningrad, I linked up with Estonia and then established a defensive perimeter around Leningrad. Any Soviet units that came anywhere near it were annihilated by my German made artillery. While this was happening I slowly advanced through Karelia, liberating it inch by inch from the Soviets. After about 20 attempts I finally succeeded in smashing the Soviets in Karelia and then advanced north to smash the Soviet strongholds and liberate Murmansk Oblast. I successfully pulled off an amphibious landing as my forces slowly moved north from Karelia.

Interestingly, the most difficult place to take during the entire campaign was Petrozavodsk and advancing to the Svir River was a very bloody, difficult affair. Anyway, after I had secured a defensive perimeter around all the contested lands the Soviets eventually sued for peace. They lost 240,000 brave soldiers in the war, by comparison I lost 100,000. Anyway, I am wondering if maybe the ceasefire they offered me was the preset one they offer the Finnish to end the Winter War because it came around the same time. Anywho, after that I annexed Estonia and I am currently planning to invade Sweden and Norway to secure further "living space" as my German allies would put it. I am also pursuing alliances with the United States and Britain, as long as you don't get in the way of our "natural" borders we will be your friend! :D Oh yeah and after all this was over, I noticed that my population had tripled! :o
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Re: Great Finland!

Post by Thumboy »

Well done :) you should build up your military and go against the soviets when you feel ready, try and take Moscow!
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Thumboy wrote:Well done :) you should build up your military and go against the soviets when you feel ready, try and take Moscow!
Right now I am building a ring of fortifications around my borders with the Soviet Union. The Italians almost succeeded in taking Moscow but at the last minute a bunch of units popped out of the Soviet reserves and started pushing them back. Germany was doing fairly well until the Canadians landed in Belgium and soon the entire American army started flooding in. Right now it is 1949 and it looks like Germany is going to lose the war completely.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Thumboy wrote:Well done :) you should build up your military and go against the soviets when you feel ready, try and take Moscow!
Right now I am building a ring of fortifications around my borders with the Soviet Union. The Italians almost succeeded in taking Moscow but at the last minute a bunch of units popped out of the Soviet reserves and started pushing them back. Germany was doing fairly well until the Canadians landed in Belgium and soon the entire American army started flooding in. Right now it is 1949 and it looks like Germany is going to lose the war completely.
It seems that this Italo-Soviet war, maybe would result in an Italian loss, but if you come in with a huge fresh force, you could take Moscow because the Italians have weakened the Soviets. Are you aligned with Germany? If not, you could declare war on Germany so they don't get beaten entirely but Americans because otherwise the Americans will be to powerfull. Oh and align with Italy before you make war with Germany because the Italians will go to war with you aswell.

Who knows, the two superpowers after the war could be Finland and the USA instead of the USSR and the USA.

Either way, these are suggestions, I don't force you to do this I hope you don't think :) good luck :)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Thumboy wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:
It seems that this Italo-Soviet war, maybe would result in an Italian loss, but if you come in with a huge fresh force, you could take Moscow because the Italians have weakened the Soviets. Are you aligned with Germany? If not, you could declare war on Germany so they don't get beaten entirely but Americans because otherwise the Americans will be to powerfull. Oh and align with Italy before you make war with Germany because the Italians will go to war with you aswell.

Who knows, the two superpowers after the war could be Finland and the USA instead of the USSR and the USA.

Either way, these are suggestions, I don't force you to do this I hope you don't think :) good luck :)
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to prevent Germany from losing the war completely. I built a pocket battleship and sent it to the coast to destroy the American merchant ships as they come over but I think it's too late. Before I attack the Soviet Union I want to have long range jet bombers and jet fighters so that the Soviet air force can't stop me.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

quote="Cdiplayer"]
Thumboy wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to prevent Germany from losing the war completely. I built a pocket battleship and sent it to the coast to destroy the American merchant ships as they come over but I think it's too late. Before I attack the Soviet Union I want to have long range jet bombers and jet fighters so that the Soviet air force can't stop me.[/quote]

Your best bet is to continue your attacks against the US marines but your best bet I think is to send troops down to push back the advancing Americans.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

The German air force has swept the coast clean! After heavy losses the Germans managed to push back the U.S. troops with the help of a reserve of jet fighters that for some reason didn't deploy until just now :-? Anyway, Germany has pushed the U.S. out but is very, very weak, thankfully the Soviets are also pretty weak. I think the strongest power right now is Italy! Soon I will begin my invasion of Norway and Sweden after I figure out how to solve my supply problems. Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid constant supply issues in Northern Finland?
Meisseli
Warrant Officer

Post by Meisseli »

You could ramp up the infrastructure spending or build some supply depots and/or roads
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

The year is now 1952 and I am preparing to wage all out war against the Soviet Union. In this war I will attempt to transform Greater Finland into "Finno-Ungria". I found this crazy map Image and decided I must attack the Soviet Union and conquer this land! :D After that I will try to become the most powerful nation in the world!
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

Very interesting to see the outcome....:)
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Thumboy wrote:Very interesting to see the outcome....:)
"Hail Putin" ... :o

Dont you mean "Heil Putin" ... ? :lol:

Return to “After Action Reports”