BattleGoat Studio test game

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

BattleGoat Studio test game

Post by Balthagor »

Each week (well, as much as we can) we stay at the office late one evening to play a MP test game to test the game stability, features and content.

In last week's MP test game, we played a house rule of "King of the Hill" with Leopoldville (Kinshasa, Belgian Congo) as the target at the 2h30min mark. No one was allowed to take one of the "major" nations. We had players in Sweden, Brazil, Spain, Turkey and I played from Canada.

We had some big discussions about the relation effects we saw for declaring war on a region's colonies. We also made dozens of smaller notes.

David won the game as Brazil and part of that was that he got into the region first. George invaded in the wrong place and I then attacked him where he had landed to set him back. Peter (a long time tester and friend of ours) was Spain and managed to push David out for a while but didn't manage his forces as well and had to rebuild to attack again. I then came in and locked the naval passage in from Spain's access and was pushing hard at David's forces when Dax (Turkey) attacked me from the opposite front. I had to retreat just to survive but Dax didn't have enough time to push through the jungle. The buzzer rang and David was the winner.

One tactic I used heavily in my game, I built no navy, set my minister priority to acquire units and purchased a nice navy from the Brits/Americans throughout the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Re: BattleGoat Studio test game

Post by number47 »

Nice...so AI is more "prone" to selling units in MP? Will Zuikaku be pleased? :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

number47 wrote:Nice...so AI is more "prone" to selling units in MP? Will Zuikaku be pleased? :D
no, it's the same in SP.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bluestreak2k5
Captain

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

That's cool!

I have noticed something similar on US and UK selling ships. Once I had the USA sell me as Germany 7 light carriers for some large sum of money, although I couldn't tell why since they seemed to be doing fine money wise.

I'd like to see you guys do a Germany/Italy versus France/Poland/UK in the future to see how much harder it is when buildings are being damaged and revolts happening all over the place.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:Nice...so AI is more "prone" to selling units in MP? Will Zuikaku be pleased? :D
No, Zuikaku will not be pleased as long as he can not negotiate purchase of the things/toys he want!!! :D
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:
No, Zuikaku will not be pleased as long as he can not negotiate purchase of the things/toys he want!!! :D
Actually, Zuikaku will not be pleased until he can get things from other regions that they shouldn't be selling him :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Btw how did you connect? Direct IP?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: Actually, Zuikaku will not be pleased until he can get things from other regions that they shouldn't be selling him :P
Actually, Zuikaku is not prone to megalomania ,cheating and abusing, just wants more realism in unit trade :wink:
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Btw how did you connect? Direct IP?
LAN, we were at the office.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Oh, ok, I took it that you actually "had players in Sweden, Brazil, Spain, Turkey and I played from Canada.", my bad :lol:
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “After Action Reports”