Fistalis mods...harddrive failure

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Fistalis mods...harddrive failure

Post by Fistalis »

The Harddrive which contained pretty much ALL my mods and modding work has failed and i have been unable to recover it. While i may have back ups of some things.. Any future mods will likely have to be made from scratch... or based on very old back ups. Anything i had previously reposted to drop box is still available.. and again i may have other back ups but no clue how old etc..
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Fistalis mods...harddrive failure

Post by way2co0l »

Well crap. That really freaking sucks. Sorry to hear it. :(
Fistalis
General

Re: Fistalis mods...harddrive failure

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:Well crap. That really freaking sucks. Sorry to hear it. :(
Yes my system is quite aged at this point.. i'm actually lucky that harddrive is the only thing i'm having issues with considering I built the system almost10 years ago. That particular drive was carried over from my previous build so it's even older. Mechanical harddrives are usually the first thing to fail though so it's a warning sign i need to start thinking about a new build if/when finances allow. If I had the means i likely would have already have a few new builds since though lol

Edit: I was able to recover a vast majority of files from the harddrive using testdisk. Just a matter of figuring out what i got and whats lost.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Modding 1936”