Question about the range of missiles.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YaYo7
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Question about the range of missiles.

Post by YaYo7 »

My ships(any units) are attacking with missiles visible targets no farther than 128-144km(8-9hex). It does not matter the missile with a range 500, 300 or 150km.
In Game. There is some limit on the range of missiles with DM control? And extends it to AI too?
SGTscuba
General

Re: Question about the range of missiles.

Post by SGTscuba »

Yes there is an engine coded limit for auto targeting for performance reasons. I asked about it ages ago and George replied to me about it, I think its 200km if I recall but i'd have to find the other thread for it.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Very sad that there is a limit for auto targeting. Maybe there is a small chance that the developer will consider the possibility of setting a limit optionally.

Example:
Game settings

Fog of war
Enhanced Spotting
Enhanced Ranges
Max Missile range - off/on
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

I think with say ship missiles it is unlikely to be an issue anyway because the spotting range of most ships is less than the missiles range most the time

I know you could have other says a unit 300km away spotted by say a plane or another boat but on the hole I don't see it is much of an issue.
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

While it remains to use manual control and conduct long-range missile firing, which is not always convenient and takes more time(Constantly give the order= Missile fire then Clear order.)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”