New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

Post by George Geczy »

One of the newest features in Update 8.2.18, the ability to return land and liberate/resurrect conquered territories, is in this patch but is a bit ahead of the GUI elements to support it. So for those looking for it...

The button to do this is in the "Severe Actions" tab of the State Department. It is a big reddish unlabeled button on the left side of the panel... You press it for the region you'd like to return land to.

This does a s few different things depending upon the situation:

- If you own none of the land loyal to this region, it does nothing.

- If you own some land loyal to this region, it will return those loyal areas (all that you own) to them. If you are at war, you stay at war, but relations improve a bit (depending upon how much land you return). If you are not at war, it will improve relations, possibly even more.

- If the region is dead/dormant ("Exiled"), and you have land to return, the region will be resurrected and liberated. You will be at peace with this new region, even if you were at war with the exiled region.

(This feature can only be used in Single Player mode.)

-- George / BattleGoat.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

In-case of dead region getting it's independence, will it also inherit it's host's form of government, like post WWII europe/asia?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Nice!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:Nice!
No ,it's not nice, it's fantastic :D Let's buy BG crew a beer!

P.S. will AI know how to use this featire?
Please teach AI everything!
Extpan
Corporal

Post by Extpan »

Very happy to see this, Makes a great game even better
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Sounds interesting :-) .

So its main use is for a player to return land that would rebell to a hopefully friendly region?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Zuikaku wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:Nice!
No ,it's not nice, it's fantastic :D Let's buy BG crew a beer!

P.S. will AI know how to use this feature?
Good point. Close, but no SUTar otherwise.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

Don't even mind not having SUT. Thank you very much for this feature. It is INCREDIBLY necessary for replay value.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

I started up my save this morning(sweden time) and almost directly, Etiopia was liberated. Im playing USA and ive been exclude from the Alliance ever since ww2(started in 1936 and as Germany was conqured by a combination of UK, France and Denmark(yes :D ) in 1940) I been under the isolation diplo penelty. So I tried to make free trade and what else I could get with the newly Liberated Ethiopia. They got 1 m minus in economy so I gave them a mini "Marchall help" by 100 m. Was accepted but any other diplomatic invites was as USA was still in pre ww2 but the ww2 is over since 1944 and its now summer 47. And FDR is still alive.

Im sure this US diplo penelty and FDR still being alive is just something that hasnt being looked at yet [_]B
The Liberation work the devs have included in this build looks promising. There are Germany Italy Japan captured by UK(democrat) so lets see what happen there. Polen on the other hand is captured by USSR(non democratic) and not any part Germany is under there controll(except Prussia ofcource). Eager to see what happens there. (all this in my save ofcource, not what happend historicly)

Other parts that can bee tricky is the North of Germany that is under Danish controll and Alsace-Lorraine is under UK controll. A heartland for both Germany and France.

I will post all liberation effects here for prospererity and game development ?+
Last edited by swedewolf on Oct 12 2014, edited 1 time in total.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

Great feature... Step towards the right direction -> Land Transfer & SUT
Caliph
Sergeant

Post by Caliph »

Is there an option/ability to resurrect the dead region as a colony of yours instead of giving it pure freedom? Or would you have to reattack it and chose to colonize it?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You would have to attack it to make it a colony.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

swedewolf wrote:I started up my save this morning(sweden time) and almost directly, Etiopia was liberated. Im playing USA and ive been exclude from the Alliance ever since ww2(started in 1936 and as Germany was conqured by a combination of UK, France and Denmark(yes :D ) in 1940) I been under the isolation diplo penelty. So I tried to make free trade and what else I could get with the newly Liberated Ethiopia. They got 1 m minus in economy so I gave them a mini "Marchall help" by 100 m. Was accepted but any other diplomatic invites was as USA was still in pre ww2 but the ww2 is over since 1944 and its now summer 47. And FDR is still alive.

Im sure this US diplo penelty and FDR still being alive is just something that hasnt being looked at yet [_]B
The Liberation work the devs have included in this build looks promising. There are Germany Italy Japan captured by UK(democrat) so lets see what happen there. Polen on the other hand is captured by USSR(non democratic) and not any part Germany is under there controll(except Prussia ofcource). Eager to see what happens there. (all this in my save ofcource, not what happend historicly)

Other parts that can bee tricky is the North of Germany that is under Danish controll and Alsace-Lorraine is under UK controll. A heartland for both Germany and France.

I will post all liberation effects here for prospererity and game development ?+
No other liberation happend up to 1949 as I stopped as the new patch/game release arrived. I was hoping for any comments on the liberation by conquring democratic nations when ww2 ended before launching a new USA sandbox. Have this been worked on yet? If not are you considering it?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

It's awesome to see this feature implemented! The only major request I'd have is an option when releasing a dead region, to allow us to choose whether we're liberating it, or releasing it as a colony. I could see myself using it for both of those purposes quite often and would find it useful. But either way I'm very glad to see the feature implemented at all! A huge step forward for the way I enjoy playing the game. :D
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

George Geczy wrote:- If the region is dead/dormant ("Exiled"), and you have land to return, the region will be resurrected and liberated. You will be at peace with this new region, even if you were at war with the exiled region.
Ok, question on how to use this. If the region is dead then there is no way for me to get to the severe actions tab in order to select this option. Playing as Russia in the 36 scenario, I cannot release the Ukraine as they are unselectable and all of their existing territory is in my land. I can't select the severe actions tab when my own land is selected, so I can't see any way to accomplish this. Am I missing something obvious?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”