New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

Post by Kristijonas »

Bragi wrote:
Kristijonas wrote: I think it's a good decision you made by disallowing this to happen in multiplayer.
If it is technically necessary, then of course it is a good decision. But I can't really see your point in prefering the save&reload-method instead of having it implemented.. ?
Because it was implemented in multiplayer, players could exploit it by releasing lands in the face of their other-player enemies. Right now they can't do it in multiplayer.
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Kristijonas wrote:
Bragi wrote:
Kristijonas wrote: I think it's a good decision you made by disallowing this to happen in multiplayer.
If it is technically necessary, then of course it is a good decision. But I can't really see your point in prefering the save&reload-method instead of having it implemented.. ?
Because it was implemented in multiplayer, players could exploit it by releasing lands in the face of their other-player enemies. Right now they can't do it in multiplayer.
Ah, I see.. Though I value the variety of options higher then possible exploits (I'm rather the "2-3 person MP + houserules" type), that's certainly a point. Thx for elaborating it to me.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Yeah, I most definitely support the variety of options myself and was one of advocates of the feature before it was added. I'm just fine with it being disabled in multiplayer, because it is still possible to work around it and release lands anyway in MP. Only it's harder and only host can do that, basically. Not everyone play by the house rules :wink:
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Yeah, sadly true :wink:
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Sorry for doublepost, but is this restriction moddable?
Just asking, I forgot to insert that question in my previous post.

Thank you anyway!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is a limitation of the engine, not just restricted by design.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Balthagor wrote:It is a limitation of the engine, not just restricted by design.
OK, thank you for your quick answer.
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Can you add there, to liberate nation to parent nation. For example, Iraq, when I conquer there, there is a land kurdistan, and when I liberate them, Kurdistan left to me. Can you add more options for this, like when I use Libarate, I give only their lands, but if I use Liberate All, I give Kurdistan lands which are in their land.

Or different example, if there is a East Germany and West Germany, I want to liberate lands to Germany. Or when conquer United Kingdom, I want to give Scotland, Wales, North Ireland and England to them. However, sometimes maybe I don't want to give them all, and if it's possible, please don't totally change Liberate button, just add new option like Liberate only England, or Liberate All Lands.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

xwerswoodx wrote:Can you add there, to liberate nation to parent nation. For example, Iraq, when I conquer there, there is a land kurdistan, and when I liberate them, Kurdistan left to me. Can you add more options for this, like when I use Libarate, I give only their lands, but if I use Liberate All, I give Kurdistan lands which are in their land.

Or different example, if there is a East Germany and West Germany, I want to liberate lands to Germany. Or when conquer United Kingdom, I want to give Scotland, Wales, North Ireland and England to them. However, sometimes maybe I don't want to give them all, and if it's possible, please don't totally change Liberate button, just add new option like Liberate only England, or Liberate All Lands.
I would also like to add that we should be able to return lands to colonies. For example, Let's say I am playing Germany and I've annexed Belgium. I want to be able to resurrect them but not grant them independence, instead making them a colony. This has historical precedent because it be the equivalent of giving autonomy to a region rather than independence.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

xwerswoodx wrote:Can you add there, to liberate nation to parent nation. For example, Iraq, when I conquer there, there is a land kurdistan, and when I liberate them, Kurdistan left to me. Can you add more options for this, like when I use Libarate, I give only their lands, but if I use Liberate All, I give Kurdistan lands which are in their land.

If the territory has a loyalty other than to the conquering country (example: The UK at game start consists of Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England, with each area being loyal to the sub-area (e.g., Scotland is loyal to Scotland, not UK), you can release the territory.

Go to the Diplomatic Tab when you select a spot on the map. Look at the flag (it will have a skull & crossbones showing it is a 'dead' or 'exiled' region). If it is different than your country, that means you can Liberate it. Click on the Flag. It will pop open the selected government Diplomatic Screen. Close it. Then select the Diplomatic Tab for your country. Go down to the Tab for Declaration of War. One option (showing a picture of Stalin, FDR and Churchill) is to Release Loyal Areas. Click on it. You now suddenly have created a new country based on the loyalty of that region.

The problem is you can't 'give' the freed state away (e.g., you can't 'give' Scotland to France as a colony, etc.).
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Aragos wrote:

If the territory has a loyalty other than to the conquering country (example: The UK at game start consists of Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England, with each area being loyal to the sub-area (e.g., Scotland is loyal to Scotland, not UK), you can release the territory.

Go to the Diplomatic Tab when you select a spot on the map. Look at the flag (it will have a skull & crossbones showing it is a 'dead' or 'exiled' region). If it is different than your country, that means you can Liberate it. Click on the Flag. It will pop open the selected government Diplomatic Screen. Close it. Then select the Diplomatic Tab for your country. Go down to the Tab for Declaration of War. One option (showing a picture of Stalin, FDR and Churchill) is to Release Loyal Areas. Click on it. You now suddenly have created a new country based on the loyalty of that region.

The problem is you can't 'give' the freed state away (e.g., you can't 'give' Scotland to France as a colony, etc.).
Maybe you understand me wrong, I know how to liberate colony, I don't want to give colony, OK I start game with cheat and I show you what I mean, I conquer Syria

Red line is line of syria, blue one lebanon and yellow one is kurdistan line in syria.
I want to liberate Lebanon and Kurdistan lines which are in red line to Syria.

This is te different example:

Here is you can see I conquered Iraq and liberate them, but I cant give them back their's kurdistan lands, I don't want to Liberate Kurdistan because my petroleum supply is there. I want to give all the lands in red lines to Iraq, but I cant do that.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Multiple loyalties per territory hex - an idea rejected by battlegoat - would solve the problem. Just saying.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

xwerswoodx wrote:Can you add there, to liberate nation to parent nation...
Dead nation's parents is the region that owns them. When Iraq is conquered the relationship to the Kurdistan no longer exists.

The idea of releasing as colonies has been suggested previously and we're considering it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

I understand your point, you mean this is not possible, np thank you :)
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote:
xwerswoodx wrote:Can you add there, to liberate nation to parent nation...
Dead nation's parents is the region that owns them. When Iraq is conquered the relationship to the Kurdistan no longer exists.

The idea of releasing as colonies has been suggested previously and we're considering it.
news about releasing land as colony??

and..what about something in "BZ pop-up" for release/return land only a single BZ to a region??
In my game I have liberate Spain from Germany...so I would give back all, but I would keep Balearic Islands.
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”