Oil problem

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Uglyr
Lieutenant

Re: Oil problem

Post by Uglyr »

I played USSR and conquered almost all of the world (except India from largest). After annexing China my economy almost collapsed. I had to build Oil pumps in all 4 pump rich spots over the world (including USA, Canada, Arabian peninsula, Africa,...) and almost all 2 pump rich spots in my loyal territory just to have more supply than civ demand. Even with Civ demand lowered by maximizing taxes and prices. I invest nothing to medicine to have more deaths that births, but it doesn't help. I fear if I annex India it will be gameover.

And even "future" techs does not reduce civ oil demand. Fuel cells reduce consuption for vehicles and ships, by why there is no significant reduction to Civ is strange. I think there should be lot more techs to convert oil demand to electricity demand. Electricity is overproduced a lot anyway.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Uglyr wrote:I played USSR and conquered almost all of the world (except India from largest). After annexing China my economy almost collapsed. I had to build Oil pumps in all 4 pump rich spots over the world (including USA, Canada, Arabian peninsula, Africa,...) and almost all 2 pump rich spots in my loyal territory just to have more supply than civ demand. Even with Civ demand lowered by maximizing taxes and prices. I invest nothing to medicine to have more deaths that births, but it doesn't help. I fear if I annex India it will be gameover.

And even "future" techs does not reduce civ oil demand. Fuel cells reduce consuption for vehicles and ships, by why there is no significant reduction to Civ is strange. I think there should be lot more techs to convert oil demand to electricity demand. Electricity is overproduced a lot anyway.

Yep. I posted nearly this same thing about 3 months ago. Conquering China means that you have to meet those population needs, especially for oil. You literally can't. You are better off colonizing large countries vs. annexation.

I have done it once as the USA. It took me building ever oil well (land and sea) I could in the USA, China, East Indies, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Iran. Then building dozens upon dozens of the Coal-to-Oil plants and scrapping all Petrol plants. It was barely enough.
Anthropoid
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Anthropoid »

Aragos wrote: Jan 21 2015 Problem #1: The AI doesn't build new Oil Fields. Consequently, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and Iraq just sit on these huge deposits and do nothing with them.

If I play Germany, I invade Egypt in 1936, Saudi Arabia and Iran soon thereafter...and build like crazy. That is the only way (until you get the techs that lower population Petrol demand) that you can meet your needs.

Ahistorical, but it works.
So, just to clarify, this problem of the computer opponent NOT building new facilities or complexes seems to have been finally fixed after all these years!?
Tzionut
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by Tzionut »

I will do another thing
1. Slightly raise the education for the population birth to go negative
2. Construct more oil wheel until i can sustain 1 billion population whit my internal production.
3. Annex colonies for maintaining the 1 billion population until there are no more colonies. Ex. When the population drop at 960000000, i will annex 40000000 more population.
In this way you can manage the internal request of oil and other goods.
Bonus. The AI build extreme bad so you can scrap all you want and increase the supply in the area whit oil wheels, roads, etc.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”