Questions: Intelligence, Buildings, Independence

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aelhis
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Questions: Intelligence, Buildings, Independence

Post by Aelhis »

Hello,
1- How does the Encourage or Discourage independence work? I mean I tried funding Independence for lots of countries from 1936 to 1950 and nothing really happens, What do they do?
2 - How do you use Intelligence, I tried lots of times placing Espionage agents to try to steal tech and they never succeed, Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
3 - What does the Security Bureau building does? Theres some buildings that I think should have explanation in-game (Tourism Sector, aerospace stuff and others) I mean I think I know what they do but never really sure.
4 - What Exactly and how Approval effects work? I tried looking into some guides on the Internet and the wiki but I'm not sure they are totally correct? Especially since the 2020 one says Easy Medium Hard not how it is used today.... And Critical UN just affect UN right? not normal nations...
5 - Break all ties, how do you use it? I mean I always do it before DoW a country tried even a year before but always get a hit on my Treaty Integrity Score... Is that how it is supposed to go? Also I always DoW With 70% Justification only never anything less (Difficultys are only VH for Diplomacy and Volatility)

Suggestion: An option I please ask you guys to consider is that you can release land to your colonies. I'm sick of time to time conquering and colonizing and stuck with some pieces of land (bug prolly because reloads and reconquering them fix it) and I can't give them to the original owner which are my colonies.
Ater
Colonel

Re: Questions: Intelligence, Buildings, Independence

Post by Ater »

-I don't know if the encourage independence thing really works in historical campaigns, I think those follow the timeline. But I think it does something in 2020, but not sure.
-I think you should check to see if the person you're trying to steal tech from has more tech than you, also your agents may be getting caught before they get the option to steal.
-Not sure about the tourism and stuff, but I think the security Bureau helps prevent espionage. (not positive if this is true)
-I believe a lot of countries hate you depending on your UN approval, for instance if the UN is outraged at you and you have 0% subsidy most countries probably hate you.
-Breaking all ties usually gives the other country some justification against you, but I don't think it affects the justification you have towards them. If you want to hate a country support opposition for a small feel.
Not sure about this, but I know what you mean. I like nice even borders so I hate chunks of land all around colonies, try releasing the land to the loyalty of if(find out how to do this on youtube, takes about a minute to find out). You may have to release the colony and conquer it again.

Not positive on any of these but hope this helps!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Aelhis
Sergeant

Post by Aelhis »

Can more people debate on this please?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I'm not sure on answers to any of your questions :oops:
Last edited by Zuikaku on Feb 06 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Please teach AI everything!
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Zuikaku wrote:I'm not sure on any answer to your question :oops:
+1 me neither

so maybe devs can shine some light on their game.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

All buildings should at least have some ingame description on their purpose. I don't know what security bureau does.
Used spies a little but they all failed their missions.
Never managed to spawn rebels or make enemy colonies to declare independance...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We tend to avoid threads with multiple topics but since there are additional requests I'll hope in here. I will only answer the questions one at a time though. Once we've dealt with the first question, ask me the second and so on.
Aelhis wrote:Hello,
1- How does the Encourage or Discourage independence work? I mean I tried funding Independence for lots of countries from 1936 to 1950 and nothing really happens...
This has an impact on the approval levels of the colonies and the relations with your region. I've submitted a request to our programmer for clarification, the design notes I have are not as clear as I would like. I'll come back to this.

Since I was unable to answer #1 completely, I'll touch on the next question already.
Aelhis wrote:2 - How do you use Intelligence, I tried lots of times placing Espionage agents to try to steal tech and they never succeed, Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I've tested this and it is working. I even updated the details in the manual on this a few months back. P.27

Send the spy to a research center, he'll try and steal a tech. At a Fabrication location, he'll try and steal a unit design. If the unit design he tries to steal needs one or more techs you don't know, you'll get one of the required techs instead of the design.

Let me know if that answers #2 and you'd like me to move on to #3.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Thanks for the answer on independence. In CW, do all colonies eventually become autonomous nations? I have several on my map that are well past the historical liberation date.

Thanks.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC most have the events need. There could be a few that got missed. Also liberation events are much more conditional now than they were in SR:CW, the event can be interrupted by map conditions. It is after all a sandbox.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aelhis
Sergeant

Post by Aelhis »

So you're saying the location I put the spies is important also? I have read about that but like I said maybe the % chance is always against me because I remember sending like all 50 cap for a year straight and never got anything. So I'm just unlucky lol, you can move on if you like on the next questions.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

And for anyone following this thread, I won't back track on a question once I move on. New threads can be created if needed.
Aelhis wrote:3 - What does the Security Bureau building does? Theres some buildings that I think should have explanation in-game (Tourism Sector, aerospace stuff and others) I mean I think I know what they do but never really sure.
Security Bureau increases the chances of catching spies in your region and decreases their chances of success. The location they are built has no direct impact.

Tourism sector buildings give a financial boost to your economy.

Some buildings such as the Aerospace Fabrication are prerequisite buildings. To build a satellite Launch Pad, you need some support buildings.

Having more information in game would be nice but would come at the cost of other development features. We try and prioritize as best we can.

On to #4?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aelhis
Sergeant

Post by Aelhis »

Yup yeah really don't mint not having tooltip I just do mind when I'm not sure of what something does lol
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Balthagor wrote: Tourism sector buildings give a financial boost to your economy.
What financial boost? Is it temporary? In what case they give a boost? I wouldnt know cause its not explained in manual and i cant destroy them to see effects.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It boosts the GDP/c and the boost exists so long as the facility exists.

Had not realized they could not be scrapped/destroyed/deactivated, no one had mentioned that. I'll have to see if that was intentional or not.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:It boosts the GDP/c and the boost exists so long as the facility exists.

Had not realized they could not be scrapped/destroyed/deactivated, no one had mentioned that. I'll have to see if that was intentional or not.
Don't forget that many attractions are missing :wink:

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”