Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 Released

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 Released

Post by George Geczy »

We are pleased to announce the new SRU Update is now live for all users on Steam (both Windows and Mac).

This version includes a number of engine updates, performance improvements, and content updates.

A notable change is that the game engine now uses Steam Matchmaking for Multiplayer networking. This requires all players to be logged in to steam and playing with a unique steam account for multiplayer games.

Version 9.1.23 (changes since last public release 9.0.75)
  • Increase PPL max id from 2399 to 4999 (reserve 4000 range for modders)
  • More checks for valid ppl id ranges in scripted events
  • Updated Compiler and optimizations for performance improvements
  • Updated DirectX Engine code for performance improvements
  • Updated Steam SDK
  • Replaced Miles Sound System with XAudio2
  • Replaced MP3 files with newer xWMA format
  • Content: deployment of Syrian troops fixed in SR2020
  • Content: text fixes in language translations
  • Replacing DirectPlay with Steam Networking
  • Support for Steam Lobbies (beta development)
  • Removed support for LAN networks (must create Steam Lobby)
  • Player Name length extended to 31 char max (from 15)
  • Fixed MP speed set issue with wrong icon speed showing
  • Fixed MP pause/restart issue when running at slow speeds
  • Added "cheat trumpme" (add or subtract $1 trillion)
  • Increased maximum number of battlegroups to 250 from 99
  • Slight adjustment to goods base pricing of low gdp regions with low production costs
  • Adjusted sequence of loadgamefix cache creation code - to deal with some orbats issues of grouped regions
  • Resolved rare division by zero treasury error when region falls
  • 36 New models courtesy Nerei
  • Leaders and Governments updated for 2017 and 2020
  • Regional Relationship fixes and updates
  • A number of Mapfixes (facilities, etc)
  • Equipment List Updates
  • Resolved weather-related MP sync error on non-fresh start games
  • Added support for MP kick, Game name display/transmit
  • Games in progress will no longer show in lobby
  • Updated MultiPlayer UI
  • Fixed cache-creation upgrade-on-river bug introduced in insider build
  • Graphics optimizations - more efficient drawing of meshes with shotpoint
  • Graphics optimizations - Reduced use of vertex buffer flushes
  • Graphics optimizations - optimized map zoom default values (options reset needed)
  • Content fixes - 1942 German/Russian orbats, Ireland 2020 leader, etc
  • Resolved Insider Build Audio issue - rare crash with too many simultaneous sounds
  • Resolved Music Volume set to zero issue
  • Content fixes - George HW Bush, etc.
  • Known issue: Music off in Mac version may have audio clicks; defaults to off
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 - All Production functions not working

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

SRU Mac v.9.1.23.......

* All Production buttons are non-functional.......cannot get new units added, etc.

[Further comments under Development section....]

* Map is also very difficult to scroll with, almost non-functional. |O

* As is, game is not really playable.

Thanks for looking into.
bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 - All Production functions not working

Post by bob12333 »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:SRU Mac v.9.1.23.......

* All Production buttons are non-functional.......cannot get new units added, etc.

[Further comments under Development section....]

* Map is also very difficult to scroll with, almost non-functional. |O

* As is, game is not really playable.

Thanks for looking into.
Yeah same. I can't even minimize the game anymore. Also as I told you guys earlier for some reason in 1941 and 1942 sandbox Spain has a hostile relations to the axis powers, that shouldn't happen. Though Spain was neutral, spain had a good relation with the axis powers of atleast Italy and Germany - not sure about Japan. Furthermore nothing in 2017 and 2020 with regards to Saudia Arabia and Iran hostility as well as saudia arabia's alliance with other gulf states.
lacer1111
Sergeant

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 Released

Post by lacer1111 »

Mac problems. I can't go full screen and buttons aren't responsive when I click on things. Also my saved games are missing
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

A truly magnanimous and important update, THANK YOU!

Strangely, in my year 1936 game Romania singlehandedly destroyed Germany, France, Poland, USSR and many other small countries without any help from the player (Switzerland). It is now the strongest country in the world xD The game was started with units, too.

Can we expect another update together with the release of Great War ? :)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I just want to add that my experiences with scrolling on the macOS version of SRU is not exactly amazing either. It is to the point where I would say my 2-3 year old netbook does a better job than my high-end 2016 macbook pro. I almost want to test it on my old 2007 macbook pro (yes it meets the listed requirements) just to see what difference it makes.

Window controls are also pretty much non-functional. Windowed mode does nothing and resolution is generally also ignored. Is it possible this has something to do with what resolutions SRU supports? I know I could create a few issues with monitor resolution in the windows version of 9.0.75 (I cannot remember the exact details but I think it was caused by running full screen with a different resolution than what the monitor was set to).
I am mostly suggesting this as the 2880x1800 resolution I run is not on the list of screen resolutions.
George Geczy wrote:
Pretty sure you got all but my last content pack which which if memory serves me right is 112 meshes total. No idea how many is actually added through default.unit though.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

Nerei wrote:I just want to add that my experiences with scrolling on the macOS version of SRU is not exactly amazing either. It is to the point where I would say my 2-3 year old netbook does a better job than my high-end 2016 macbook pro. I almost want to test it on my old 2007 macbook pro (yes it meets the listed requirements) just to see what difference it makes.

Window controls are also pretty much non-functional. Windowed mode does nothing and resolution is generally also ignored. Is it possible this has something to do with what resolutions SRU supports? I know I could create a few issues with monitor resolution in the windows version of 9.0.75 (I cannot remember the exact details but I think it was caused by running full screen with a different resolution than what the monitor was set to).
I am mostly suggesting this as the 2880x1800 resolution I run is not on the list of screen resolutions.
George Geczy wrote:
Pretty sure you got all but my last content pack which which if memory serves me right is 112 meshes total. No idea how many is actually added through default.unit though.
All 112 of your models shipped with the update. Though only 36 are currently enabled in the game.

Also we will look into the issues for Mac users. Once I have an update I will let you all know.
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

Still no fix for the silly campaign options bug that resets all options to default no matter what the player chooses? Is it ever gonna be fixed or should I just give up on playing the campaigns? :-(
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Buzzbrad wrote: All 112 of your models shipped with the update. Though only 36 are currently enabled in the game.
When can we expect the rest to be enabled in game? If you don't plan on it being any time soon, maybe you could just specify what needs to be done (edit picnums, units file, etc.) so maybe we can do it ourselves if we can't wait :D
Last edited by number47 on Jul 06 2017, edited 1 time in total.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Athene wrote:Still no fix for the silly campaign options bug that resets all options to default no matter what the player chooses? Is it ever gonna be fixed or should I just give up on playing the campaigns? :-(
What exactly are you talking about here? I don't remember any reports of an issue like this. Is there a support thread about this? Have we issued a support ticket for this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

number47 wrote:
Buzzbrad wrote: All 112 of your models shipped with the update. Though only 36 are currently enabled in the game.
When can we expect the rest to be enabled in game? If you don't plan on it being any time soon, maybe you could just specify what needs to be done (edit picnums, units file, etc.) so maybe we can do it ourselves if we can't wait :D
Everything is already done for them, they have entries in the picnum database. You just need to change a Units picnum to match the model you want and it should work.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Hello

Is Merchant marine path issue on CW sandbox fixed with this update ?

regards,

Burak
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

Balthagor wrote:
Athene wrote:Still no fix for the silly campaign options bug that resets all options to default no matter what the player chooses? Is it ever gonna be fixed or should I just give up on playing the campaigns? :-(
What exactly are you talking about here? I don't remember any reports of an issue like this. Is there a support thread about this? Have we issued a support ticket for this?
Yes I did, you were the one to confirm the bug... I checked after the update and the bug is still there.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=25605
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for linking to that thread. I've looked up the ticket and you are correct, it has not been addressed yet. I will bring it up again with the team.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Gman
Warrant Officer

Post by Gman »

I'm a huge fan of the game, but really disappointed with the update as it's making it unplayable. I have a couple questions before I list what is wrong (because you probably know already and I'd like to save you time)

1 I have it through steam, and on mac. Is there a way to re-download an earlier version so that I may play?

2 or, is there a way to uninstall the new version?

The issues I have been experiencing are the game runs in windows mode, regardless of setting choice; the mouse pointer does not line up with the graphics making it difficult to select units etc ; the game crashes when I am selecting multiple units and scrolling a long distance on the map;

Thank you for your attention and am hoping to be able to play again soon, as this is the ultimate war game

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”