If my PC can handle SR2020, can it handle SRUltimate?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Antonin
Lieutenant

If my PC can handle SR2020, can it handle SRUltimate?

Post by Antonin »

I recently began a new game of SR2020 Gold, playing Iran in the Shattered World environment. As usual, it's an incredible amount of fun.

Then I stopped by the BG website and noticed that there is something called SRUltimate, and also SR Great War. I see that both are being sold through Steam.

I tried the SR Cold War demo a long time ago but did not buy the game because it was reeeeeaaaaallly slow on my PC. But I see that some changes have been made to the basic game engine so that the game runs faster.

If I can run SR2020 Gold, do you think SRUltimate and SR Great War will be playable on my machine?

My computer is a Dell inspiron 3847 with Win 7, Pentium G3220 @ 3.00 GHz, 4 GB of memory.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: If my PC can handle SR2020, can it handle SRUltimate?

Post by number47 »

I doubt it would be playable....but you never know. Maybe someone with the similar specs can tell you first hand how it plays...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I would expect it to be playable but maybe not great.
I have run SRU on a netbook with a significantly worse CPU (those tends to be the bottle neck), probably a worse GPU and the same amount of RAM and while it is definitely not great it is probably acceptable at least initially. I have not run it for any lengths of time so how unmanageable the game will end up being I cannot say. Older starting dates will probably also be better as there is fewer units.

If you buy it my recommendation would be to buy it on Steam over a place where you get a steam key as you can then refund it does not run well. Just keep an eye on time played.
Beans
Sergeant

Post by Beans »

I am currently playing the game on a Pentium N3540 2.2 ghz, Intel HD Graphics, and 4 GB of Ram. After tinkering with the graphics settings, I am able to play the game at around 30 fps with it reasonably zoomed out. There is very little lag, but I do play on normal speed. I very rarely go above normal speed, but when I do, it seems to handle fine. I don't know how my processor compares to yours, but I hoped this helped!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/In ... /1967vs617

i got that i7-950 (though i had recently exchanged my failing ram to 16gb - and got a 1080 on black friday for acceptable values)
the game runs ok on fastest settings (3440x1440 resolution!) - better on slower settings - and it runs way better on lower resolution (the improvement is very noticeable).
if the game seems to be too slow then you need to disable the 3d terrain - and the game will use the satellite imagery in full zoom in like in SR 2020.
Check the conclusion but beware that even they are quit some years old.

My guess is , if you just play without the 2 fastest setting, it should run still good.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

The speed a day passes no matter what speed setting your on is directly related to how much processing power your pc has along with how much stuff is going on in game

for example when I upgraded my cpu i got a massive speed boost

also one way to speed the game up is to start with no units checked this makes days pass much quicker
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Pentium G3220 is a good CPU. I had worse and played SRU without problems. Seriously, going from 2core CPU to 4core CPU didnt help as much in SRU speeds as you could expect. I had Pentium G580 btw. The only issue is intel graphics - I remember it had issues with Supreme Ruler. However I believe that was fixed, so you should be good to go.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”