What's the quickest way to get an ally using cheats?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

What's the quickest way to get an ally using cheats?

Post by jakers »

Sometimes countries for no reason have relations so low, that it's like every country treats you like North Korea, so you have to give a bunch of gifts to get other countries to not hate you. Sometimes the saddamme cheats helps (other countries feel more sympathetic to you if you are attacked), but I apparently switched some game setting off (third party relations?), so it doesn't help me anymore.

Pretty much the only 2 good, but still very slow, ways of turning enemies into allies that I know of are several billions (like 10.000) over and over and over again or sending them very expensive toys, like the U 3 spy plane (using the allunit cheat if you haven't researched it), which costs a lot, but doesn't really help your enemy/ally in case that you want to attack them in the future.

Researched items don't help at all more or less, miltary unit designs don't do much either, so it's either pure cash or expensive military units, but is there something else as well?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: What's the quickest way to get an ally using cheats?

Post by YoMomma »

Thats world volatility going into play. From low to very high eventually you will loose relations with regions you dont have treaties with. With none volatility you gonna face the problem that the whole world except 2-3 warmongering regions will love eachother. 1 tip you can change world volatility in a running game.

You cant really cheat the relations, besides with modding (and giving them treaties), but only suggestion i have left is suport ruling goverment and when relations dont go further into positive for treaties then do what you already do. Also 'third party relations' is a tricky one, but shouldnt affect what i explained i think unless they also dont care about the treaties.
Gameplay 1st
Nerei
General

Re: What's the quickest way to get an ally using cheats?

Post by Nerei »

This thread might be of help as it deals with the best way to buy an ally.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 78&t=25263

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”