Units NOT Eliminated When Region Falls

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Anthropoid
Colonel
Human: Yes

Units NOT Eliminated When Region Falls

Post by Anthropoid »

I notice that, the game setting

Units Eliminated When Region Falls

is NOT ticked by default.

My memory of how this setting functions is a bit foggy. I cannot recall if it allows the player to essentially capture the remaining units or if you have to kill them all?

I have played up to the annexation of Czechoslovakia (April 1939) and now there are lingering Czech units. I am unable to interact with them in anyway and my units pass through them. I haven't observed yet whether they count toward stacking limits or not, but in any case, they are annoying. Obviously, since Czech was annexed without a shot, this is a special case for how this setting plays out.

If possible, I'd like to: I. get rid of these Czech units and II. understand what this setting does in those instances where the region is taken by force, i.e., are they captured or do they fight to the bitter end?

I had considered making a backup of the Germany 1936 campaign cache file, then copy-pasting the save file with that cache files name: the old "fool the app into thinking a save file is a cache file trick." I would do that in a heartbeat if I knew (a) how to changed the start date so that I don't resume at 7 March 1936 with this massive military I've built up and that (b) I could change the start date to April 1939 AND have all the future events function normally. Is any of that possible?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Units NOT Eliminated When Region Falls

Post by Balthagor »

Eliminate when region falls means the conqueror does not inherit the units of the conquered region.

Cache files are save files, no fooling of the app required.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Balthagor wrote:Eliminate when region falls means the conqueror does not inherit the units of the conquered region.

Cache files are save files, no fooling of the app required.
ADDIT: Okay, my bad. The Czech units are just moving slow toward reserve, at which point I gain control over them :-)

[strike]
So if "Units are Eliminated When Region Falls" is NOT selected, units will NOT be eliminated when a region falls.

What is supposed to happen to those units? Are they supposed to (A) be inherited by the conqueror or are they supposed to (B) remain hostile? Or are they supposed to (C) just linger on the map?

The Czech units have exhibited (C).[/strike]
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The answer is A
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

is it possible that this setting "units eliminated when regions falls to ON" could also be linked to that "ghost divisions" issue ?
i encountered several times i had units select-able in army lists but invisible on map (and its not a reserve location)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Possible, but seems unlikely. Only way for us to know for sure is catch a savegame before ghosts are created.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”