Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

Post by SGTscuba »

evildari wrote: May 29 2018
fra.82 wrote: May 29 2018 all aircraft carriers after the update report a capacity of 1.
unfortunately i have to confirm this - using steam insider build (without mods) - make america great sandbox - ALL carriers available to build and research show capacity of 1.
Same here just to confirm.

EDIT: I've noticed its pushed me onto the normal branch and out of insider build. So I guess this may affect everyone.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

evildari wrote: May 29 2018 ...make america great sandbox...
That's the piece of information we were missing. Confirmed, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The 1936, 1940 and 2020GC sandboxes also appear to have the carrier problem
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's a faulty equipment file. Thanks for the heads up.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

OK, sorry for being repetitive, but I'll try this once again:

Is this latest public update all about content changes and map fixes or does it include some gameplay changes and bug fixes? Been asking this because no info can be found anywhere :oops:
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

One of the fixes for MP sync was code based, all the rest is content.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018 One of the fixes for MP sync was code based, all the rest is content.
Too bad that there were no bug fixes but thank you! :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We actually have very few bugs. Most of what remains are either design decisions or engine limitations. A bug is when something doesn't work the way we designed it to work.

I know, semantics, but it's an important distinction.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018 We actually have very few bugs. Most of what remains are either design decisions or engine limitations. A bug is when something doesn't work the way we designed it to work.

I have to disagree on this one. Semantics or not ,and I don't know about the others, but after waiting so long for the update and seeing only some map fixes and content changes I feel rather dissappointed. Especially since we are all avare that this is probably the last update for SRU ever. And I'm not talking about new features and/or engine limitations but things that never worked the way they shoul'd and in every new game I encounter same old problems. Don't want to start another new game to see all that again :-( :cry: Don't want to be rude, I'm just dissappointed with this update.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018 We actually have very few bugs. Most of what remains are either design decisions or engine limitations. A bug is when something doesn't work the way we designed it to work.

since i can forget about having real basic math in treasury calculation in this game , how about the bug that rails, roads and trenches have an in-game recon value although the equipment file has no spotting entries. is that also a design decision ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote: May 30 2018 I have to disagree on this one...
I hear that some of it causes frustration, but I can tell you that we're already working on another update and this one will not take nearly as long. I know that because we're in studio every day now. For the last few years all of us had distractions as we tried to earn a living/get an education. The content of the update is a reflection of the resources we've had available the last while. For a game that is now four years old, additional features are more and more difficult to justify, but even some of those are on our road map.

And when you reference "things that never worked the way they should", that's very subjective. You might say a certain thing should work a certain way, I might be of the opinion that the current implementation is correct and another user might have an opinion entirely different from both of us. if I use the feature proposed in your signature about making the AI able to liberate/colonize as well as annex, that's one I would like to see, but we've not had the resources. That however isn't a bug.

It is still semantics, but we live in a world were more and more I judge that words matter. It's worth being precise.

And I don't share this to discourage suggestions or hope for engine improvements. In fact I'd suggest in this thread would be a good place for people to answer the following question;

- for the next update, name 3 (and ONLY 3) things that you'd like to see in the next update. No more than one sentence if you'd like me to read them all.

It's totally unscientific and will likely have little impact on what we put into the next update, but I do have a document where I try and track what's being asked for by the community and how feasible each thing is.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Woul'd it be totally uncientific for me to copy/paste same suggestions over and over again?? I am starting too feel a bit strange pointing out to the same things over and over again... |O
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

evildari wrote: May 30 2018 since i can forget about having real basic math in treasury calculation in this game , how about the bug that rails, roads and trenches have an in-game recon value although the equipment file has no spotting entries. is that also a design decision ?
I didn't say zero bugs, I said few bugs. And this example is never going to be high enough priority to get fixed IMO, I don't even remember what you're referencing. The roads/rails/trenches have no spotting type assigned, so any in-game recon value is a reporting error with no real impact on gameplay.

And yes, fuzzy math around large monetary values to achieve better game speeds was a design decision.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018
evildari wrote: May 30 2018 since i can forget about having real basic math in treasury calculation in this game , how about the bug that rails, roads and trenches have an in-game recon value although the equipment file has no spotting entries. is that also a design decision ?
I didn't say zero bugs, I said few bugs. And this example is never going to be high enough priority to get fixed IMO, I don't even remember what you're referencing. The roads/rails/trenches have no spotting type assigned, so any in-game recon value is a reporting error with no real impact on gameplay.

And yes, fuzzy math around large monetary values to achieve better game speeds was a design decision.
still wonder why there is even an reporting error - can your tooltip/blueprint reports not read the games unit files ? - sure that it has no impact on gameplay
i recon that if every rail and road piece got also a recon calculation that would have massive impact on gameplay in sense of slower gamespeed.

Last time i programmed something assembler was the way to go and except NOP , simple addition of values that were already calculated by/for other uses was one of the fastest operation one could program - definitely faster than some random number generation and application to some other random values (yes.. that sounds fuzzy enough to me)

well i guess ill skip SR ultimate battle royal puzzle platformer - i would seriously doubt the high-score calculation
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Im not even asking for new features, just old features that worked in previous version or even previous SRU updates.

1. Fix nuclear Issue, i see no response in my issue topic or in this topic. AS far as i see it, the AI did cheat in previous version on a nuclear attack where they spawn magicly strategic bombers, now you guys want the AI use strategic pool, but it doesnt work. Even worse now Russian and American AI is without strategic bombers and subs, all broken in strategic pool.
Pretty big issue i would say since all regions will produce nuclear missles and nuclear missles only, if you have them on and they have the design. If you have them off, well US and Russian units are still broken in strategic pool, unless one is played by the player ofcourse. Really want to know what's up with this if even acknowledged by you.
2. Stop neglecting the community on industry repair.
3. Focus on balanced military for modern maps.

Half world is busy researching WW1 for 3 years in 2020 where i can research units from 2030 witin 3 years. So i would say its best to use a different file for modern units, now you have small regions researching WW1 and WW2 forever crippled by energy, finally making units.. then they conclude they are useless against their bigger neighbour and sell them again, while still making the same unit :roll: Really useless calculations on worthless units.

And listen to evildari, SW2020 very high volatility cant be played because of speed. I fixed it now in my mod thanks to evildari suggestions. Yes it runs, but its not a slideshow, but a game in development in 2018.
Maybe i sound impatient, i would just find it terrible if you guys have to abandon the game in the current state.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”