Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Jun 02 2018...a after a few months all of sudden my research capacity reduced by 2 slots...
Can you reproduce it? If so, start a new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
andyinkuwait
Sergeant

Post by andyinkuwait »

Tutorial errors for Great War in terms of making it possible to complete the objectives stated?

I have harped on about the importance of this before.

If you want new players and new income streams this should be a priority.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

andyinkuwait wrote: Jun 02 2018 Tutorial errors for Great War in terms of making it possible to complete the objectives stated?

I disagree. Dumbos will avoid this game anyhow.
I strongly believe Battlegoat should adhere to the New Testament for their marketing:
http://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

Being somewhere in the middle is uninteresting to both dumbos (the game will be too difficult to them anyway) nor hardcore strategy lovers (they will see it as dumbed down and too simplistic, such as evident from countless of posts around these forums already). I strong believe Battlegoat would fare much better if they'd focus on hardcore strategy fans alone. The game isn't hard to start playing anyway. I started playing it when I was 16, without good English language knowledge and it was all perfectly clear to me (of course I did not know the behind-the-scenes mechanics but that isn't needed to be known anyway!)
The hardcore strategy niche is ripe for taking and Supreme Ruler doesn't fit in it because it doesn't seem difficult and in-depth enough. While it is detailed and there are few better than it, it is still too unrealistic in certain parts for anyone to recommend it as an actual geopolitical or strategical simulator for example. Being able to recommend it as such would garner the game grand success I'm sure.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Honestly with regards to tutorials I would say BG would be better of just providing a few links to Youtube than fixing the existing tutorial. Even if it works perfectly those are still to me at least far more informative.

As for marketing strategies I do tend to agree that it is better to either commit to the casual or hardcore market.
Going hardcore is no guarantee for success though. There are already established competitors such as most of Slitherines games. Still though if it is that or fighting Paradox and Sega on their strengths I would probably fight Slitherine.
Still especially modern grand strategy seems very underrepresented compared to say sci-fi or world war 2 so that would be an advantage and competition might not be that heavy.

Also one of the advantages of the hardcore market is that while there are fewer customers you can ask for a greater price. Each person buying Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations or Distant worlds: Universe is worth 3-4 customers buying SRU.
Yes they have sold as many copies if not more than SRU if Steamspy estimates are accurate. Distant worlds likely significantly so if we include the 4 years before it even got to steam and that full collection was far more expensive still.
andyinkuwait
Sergeant

Post by andyinkuwait »

Kristijonas wrote: Jun 02 2018
andyinkuwait wrote: Jun 02 2018 Tutorial errors for Great War in terms of making it possible to complete the objectives stated?

I disagree. Dumbos will avoid this game anyhow.
I strongly believe Battlegoat should adhere to the New Testament for their marketing:
http://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

Being somewhere in the middle is uninteresting to both dumbos (the game will be too difficult to them anyway) nor hardcore strategy lovers (they will see it as dumbed down and too simplistic, such as evident from countless of posts around these forums already). I strong believe Battlegoat would fare much better if they'd focus on hardcore strategy fans alone. The game isn't hard to start playing anyway. I started playing it when I was 16, without good English language knowledge and it was all perfectly clear to me (of course I did not know the behind-the-scenes mechanics but that isn't needed to be known anyway!)
The hardcore strategy niche is ripe for taking and Supreme Ruler doesn't fit in it because it doesn't seem difficult and in-depth enough. While it is detailed and there are few better than it, it is still too unrealistic in certain parts for anyone to recommend it as an actual geopolitical or strategical simulator for example. Being able to recommend it as such would garner the game grand success I'm sure.
I strongly believe that BG should steer well clear of religious fanatics for business advice. Dumbos is pretty demeaning as well as being inaccurate (not a very Christian category either as far as I know). There are plenty of strategy gamers who will turn first to the tutorials to see how the mechanics work and not to youtube. Your attempt to polarise gamers into Dumbos and hardcore is quite pathetic and inaccurate. There are shades of grey, life doesn't have to be as polarised as your religion.

Fixing does not require a change in the game engine but simply a focus on the tutorial coding. If you don't want a tutorial in the game then delete it. If you do want a tutorial then at least get it working properly.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As I recall, we did get the fix for one of the issues you brought up and improved another? You should test them again, it's possible they are all fixed. I'll have to look up the tickets.

4 steps to getting something fixed in Supreme Ruler
- Talk about it in a dedicated thread with other community members until it gets assigned a ticket number by BattleGoat staff
- from time to time ask about the status of the ticket in the same thread and quote the ticket number
- get someone from BattleGoat staff to confirm it's possible to fix and not a low priority
- be patient, but persistent and polite.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
andyinkuwait
Sergeant

Post by andyinkuwait »

OK

I'll give it another shot
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Micheal Berg wrote: May 26 2018 The leader picture for South Africa is incorrect in World 2020.

I saw some units without meshes - Eh-101 helicopter (UK), all Mirage-2000`s (France)

Only gad a quick look though, will revert when getting another chance.

Thanks for the Update BG
Any news on changing the Leader pick of South Africa for 2020`s?
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I love how when you zoom out now it changes the tooltips to the country name, instead of city name. I really, REALLY like that change. I know it seems minor, but it really makes a big difference to me. I never knew I wanted it until I saw it. Thank you so much.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Glad you like it. I think when it was mentioned in studio, we had the same reaction. Can't believe we didn't think of it sooner.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 05 2018 Glad you like it. I think when it was mentioned in studio, we had the same reaction. Can't believe we didn't think of it sooner.
But

Can you make them all caps like you do with the city names, for consistency purposes please?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

...maybe...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Has anyone had any trouble with units in a stack not engaging enemy units and only the unit currently being attacked firing and not the rest of the stack? I'm using a save from the last version but i'd thought i'd ask before reporting it officially.

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Yes, but I just thought I don't understand the game and it's supposed to be that way for reasons unknown to me :D
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Kristijonas wrote: Jun 08 2018 Yes, but I just thought I don't understand the game and it's supposed to be that way for reasons unknown to me :D
No, I thought the units all attack provide they are in range and ROE permits it. Maybe the Goats can confirm?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”