Supreme Ruler 1936 campaign generic leader question

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SteamSupreme
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by SteamSupreme »

STEAM sale got Supreme Ruler Ultimate.
Played the 1936 campaign
Q--Generic dudes for leaders? ie no Churchill, Stalin, toothbrush mustache guy, FDR etc?
(FYI they appeared in what I saw of YouTube videos of Supreme Ruler 1936, which is the separate game)

FYI the 1914 content has the leaders, Ie Lenin, Kaiser etc
Buzzbrad
General

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 campaign generic leader question

Post by Buzzbrad »

SteamSupreme wrote: Jun 25 2018 Supreme Ruler 1936 campaign generic leader question
Played the 1936 campaign
Q--Generic dudes for leaders? ie no Churchill, Stalin, toothbrush mustache guy, FDR etc?
(FYI they appeared in what I saw of YouTube videos of Supreme Ruler 1936, which is the separate game)

I just tested all the campaigns on the Steam version and the leader pics are appearing for me. Have you modified any files? Which campaign is this?
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Buzzbrad wrote: Jun 25 2018
SteamSupreme wrote: Jun 25 2018 Supreme Ruler 1936 campaign generic leader question
Played the 1936 campaign

I just tested all the campaigns on the Steam version and the leader pics are appearing for me. Have you modified any files? Which campaign is this?
You are getting the correct WW2 leaders in the Supreme Leader Ultimate for 1936? (Not the stand alone 1936 game)
I was playing the German campaign side.

If so when I get home I shall immediately re-validate in Steam!!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Just launched the 36 campaign as Germany from the ultimate version of the game and can confirm accurate leaders. The only leader that you mentioned which isn't the actual leader at game start is Winston Churchill and he didn't become leader until later in the war. I forget if there's an event that makes him the leader or not but I'm assuming there is considering his significance.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

way2co0l wrote: Jun 25 2018 Just launched the 36 campaign as Germany from the ultimate version of the game and can confirm accurate leaders. The only leader that you mentioned which isn't the actual leader at game start is Winston Churchill and he didn't become leader until later in the war. I forget if there's an event that makes him the leader or not but I'm assuming there is considering his significance.
Validated in STEAM and ran again, and YES, the national leaders are thereTHANK YOU
oops I'm Hitler today.

Now to CHANGE anything by editing and re-caching DEFAULT.UNIT seems to bring back the generic leaders.
The changes made in the DEFAULT.UNIT is appearing ingame without issue.

As an experiment I re-cached with the unedited original DEFAULT.UNIT and the same happens, the generic leaders return.

There is more to the cache procedure than this?

rename SR1936.sav to ie SR1936BAK.sav

Singleplayer>campaign>1936>Germany>start ...busy for a few minutes
Main screen
ALt- tab
go to savegame fldr
move savegamecache.sav to SupremeRulerUltimate/Cache
rename that to SR1936.sav
Singleplayer>campaign>1936>Germany>start and game begins. Generic leaders

replace back original SR1936.sav and national leaders again appear correctly, ...

Apparently re-caching even using default, unchanged files is not bringing everything in.
What is missing in the cache procedure?
thanks
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Buzzbrad wrote: Jun 26 2018 I recommend looking at this:

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Creating_a_Cache
Thank you Buzzbrad, it confirms that I have been doing the cache.sav process correctly(i was concerned I had to locate other files from elsewhere and place them in a certain folder for the build).

What I have been discovering, even if I change nothing, and delete ie SR1936.sav. out if the campaign folder
---I would expect the cache.sav recreated in the savegame fldr to be the exact same thing, however it is smaller in kb and
it is missing the world leaders (and maybe something else I have not noticed, though it plays fine).

It is as if the process that created the original SR1936.sav had additional files that the cache process is not finding in the distributed Steam Build.
--If I change values in the DEFAULT.UNITS changes ARE correctly in game, but again only generic leaders appear.

Q The created cache from the campaign SR1936.sav. (without file changes) should it come out identical to the original .sav, no?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sounds like we may have failed to push an event file that's used to set the leaders, that the file is only on our servers where we built the cache.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 26 2018 Sounds like we may have failed to push an event file that's used to set the leaders, that the file is only on our servers where we built the cache.
Thank you,
I checked a couple of others, creating cache.sav without changing anything:
1914 (SR1914.SAV) and Trump Rising (MA2020.sav, this one takes a long time to recache compared to 1914 and 1936)

They have the same problem, only generic leaders are showing up.
(FYI, I deleted and redownloaded SRU to make sure nothing was contaminated )

Edit installed Great War StandAlone, same issue there too, generic leaders if I cache, and recreate the SR1914.SAV.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

Well whaddayknow....
SANDBOX!!!
I wonder why no one has reported this
all the modders must be playing in the SANDBOX!!!

The unique state leaders are sucked successfully into the created cache.sav and appear as they should in the SANDBOX!!!!
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

I tried making a cache using the Steam version and got the actual leaders. What were you making a cache with? I see the correct leaders in all the game modes.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Buzzbrad wrote: Jun 28 2018 I tried making a cache using the Steam version and got the actual leaders. What were you making a cache with? I see the correct leaders in all the game modes.
Step by step of what I do... SR ULTIMATE v9.1.52
Campaign
1. rename D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\SR1936.SAV to SR1936_ORI.SAV (8,645kb)
2. Run game>singleplayer>CAMPAIGN>1936 Germany>start
nothing appears to happen (building cache.sav file, )
When goes to Main screen with player profile on it, I know its done.

3. Go to savegame folder mine is D:\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame\CACHED - C193603GER.SAV (8,574kb, 2nd test 8,585kb)
cut CACHED - C193603GER.SAV
Paste in D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\
rename CACHED - C193603GER.SAV to SR1936.SAV

Run game>singleplayer>CAMPAIGN>1936 Germany>start
==>all generic leaders
---------
Sandbox:
1. DELETE D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\ SR1936.SAV (8,574kb cache file from above steps)
2. Run game>singleplayer>SANDBOX>1936 Germany>start
nothing appears to happen (building cache.sav file, )
When goes to Main screen with player profile on it, I know its done.

3. Go to savegame folder (mine is) D:\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame\CACHED - SR1936.SAV (8,651kb NOTE size is closer to Original size, 2nd test 8,646kb, 3rd test 8,655kb)
cut CACHED - SR1936.SAV
Paste in D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\
rename CACHED - CACHED - SR1936.SAV to SR1936.SAV

Run game>singleplayer>SANDBOX>1936 Germany>start
==>all CORRECT state leaders

DISCOVERED From this if I go into CAMPAIGN, (using cache.sav that was created in the Sandbox)
now YES the state leaders appear correctly.

Takeaway
==Cache created form CAMPAIGN is kb smaller than original and leaders do not show correctly.
SR1936_ORI.SAV (8,645kb) CAMPAIGNCache.SAV (8,574kb or 8,585kb)

==Cache created from SANDBOX shows leaders correctly and is close to same size kb as original:
ORI.SAV (8,645kb) SANDBOX (8,651kb) 2nd time (8,646kb almost SAME as original, 3rd 8,655kb)

If the CAMPAIGN is selected using the Cache.SAV from the SANDBOX then the State Leaders will PROPERLY appear
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

Currently you need to rebuild caches using Sandbox. Recaching using the campaigns will cause issues unless they use a different cache then the sandbox.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Buzzbrad wrote: Jul 04 2018 Currently you need to rebuild caches using Sandbox. Recaching using the campaigns will cause issues unless they use a different cache then the sandbox.
Thank you Buzzbrad, that might be a helpful tip to sticky in the mod section for making changes to SRU (unless it is already there and I missed it).

------------------------

Edit FYI if I make a cache from the sandbox using MA2020.SAV for "Make America Great," the Mexican leader is 3142, 2, Andrés Manuel, López Obrador, , , 0, 0, 0, 3142, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2601, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2018-07-03 17:30:47,
However his pic is blank.
His name is found in
D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\DEFAULT.PPLX

I tried adding a pic to the graphics folder numbered 3142 ( D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Graphics\People\pic3142.png)
however nothing happened.
IF i go to D:\Games\Steam\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Sandbox\Leaders2020.csv and change
15869, 0, 0, 20, 0, 2601, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3142, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, // ,
to
15869, 0, 0, 20, 0, 2601, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 639, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, // , (change the 3142 to 639)
then the Mexican leader appears (which is the one who is there in the original MA2020.SAV)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”