Extreme penny pinching tips

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Extreme penny pinching tips

Post by Leafgreen »

I broke the world in a game and made all the markets crash.

I am a dictator so DAR doesn't matter, but what social programs can be cut out entirely? I don't even care about emigration or low births, but I do want to keep the money flowing as much as I can. High sales tax, high domestic prices, high infrastructure, moderate law enforcement - are all the rest of them optional? Yes, I know they are not but i'm at that level of needing to find cash somewhere for 9-12 months.

Yes, research is off. Military is being paid a pittance, roughly $15m/$150m which keeps MAR a hair above 50 (although 40 is just fine), no construction of units or buildings.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Extreme penny pinching tips

Post by way2co0l »

Interesting. Well, education can easily be cut if you're not worried about the effect on research, and it'll have benefits to pop growth as well. Pretty much all of them can be cut as long as you're not worried about the DAR hit, which there really isn't much reason to be. lol. As you mentioned, the only one I wouldn't cut is infrastructure, everything else can have an axe taken to it to get you through.

Edit: Another cost saver is to reduce production of goods where it makes sense. The real money making ones which bring in high trade revenues could be kept, but the ones you're building just to stockpile, reduce production to demand on them. I'd also encourage you to increase the percentage of sales, like, if you're only selling 60% of surplus goods, increase that to 100% for the time being.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

way2co0l wrote: Jul 08 2018 Well, education can easily be cut if you're not worried about the effect on research, and it'll have benefits to pop growth as well.
Seriously?? :o
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Leafgreen wrote: Jul 08 2018
way2co0l wrote: Jul 08 2018 Well, education can easily be cut if you're not worried about the effect on research, and it'll have benefits to pop growth as well.
Seriously?? :o
lol. Yeah. I haven't done any direct testing but there have been many reports of pop growth when education spending is reduced and literacy drops as a result. Dumber people make more babies? I mean, I don't know the data but that's effectively how it works in the game.

Edit: Keep in mind, deaths probably increase as well, because they make dumber decisions as well. Most of the people that reduce education spending usually also increase healthcare trying to maximize the pop growth they get from it. If you're cutting both, then it'll be interesting to see whether you actually get much of a growth benefit considering the increase in deaths not being cancelled by healthcare anymore.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Low education absolutely does increase pop growth. Also I haven't noticed much of a change in deaths due to education being lowered. Either way, the births way outbalance the deaths.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”