Missile Launch Authority

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Missile Launch Authority

Post by Leafgreen »

Either it is new or I've never noticed it before, there is a lot of stuff in SR that I still stumble across.

I decided to let the minister play in a test game and set all missiles to auto deploy, and all units to auto accept. Then I noticed a little grey or green arrow to the right of missiles to give units launch authority or withhold it so players can launch those particular missiles.

On most nuclear tipped missiles it is blacked out, but on a decent amount of them it is just greyed out - meaning you can click it and turn it to green, giving launch authority to the unit carrying it. Are all nukes supposed to be locked from AI? Only some? Should they all have launch authority option? Far as I can tell it's not a high yield blocked and low yield okay, or ballistic blocked and cruise missile okay thing either. I started US and set some air AGM for auto deploy, told some B-2 to auto accept, declared war on Cuba and sent them over. Cuba was wiped clean by their nukes.

ImageImage
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Missile Launch Authority

Post by Leafgreen »

Anyone have any ideas if this is the intended system? Hints? Thoughts? Curious, if I want to build nukes my units can use on their own this limits them and I don't know units will be blacked vs greyed out until I build them.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Missile Launch Authority

Post by YoMomma »

I guess its just one of the many overlooked things by BG. If you wanna fix it or something theres prolly something in the unit file. Anyway the AI will never use them cause they are unable to put authority on or off.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”