Dwindling resources setting

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gman
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Dwindling resources setting

Post by Gman »

In order to try something new and get a fresh new set of challenges I turned to “ dwindling resources”. I thought that it would handicap me a little bit (in addition to hard, hard, hard settings) as USA 1936, I must say that it had just the opposite effect. Since the USA has vast resources, and the a.i. Doesn’t do a great job of building.....what happens is there is a huge glut of industrial and military goods...even though the world market price remains somewhat stable. This makes it impossible for Germany , Italy , and every other ai country for that matter, annex conquered territory and “rebuild”....and to fuel the continued campaigns.

As USA, I was able to get full transit treaty with Sweden......and from Sweden, bomb Germany’s facilities with impunity...invade northern Germany and capture Berlin with relative ease. Ww2 was pretty much over in 1939, in my alternate history.

Questions.

1. Is it normal for the world market prices to remain stable even though there are severe supply side issues?
2. What settings do you, as experienced gamers, use to create unique and difficult sandbox games with large major countries?
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Dwindling resources setting

Post by Leafgreen »

Perhaps try dwindling resources or start without units - as USSR?
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Dwindling resources setting

Post by YoMomma »

How should dwindling resources be harder for the player? Or starting without units? You would think a player is better in building or handling shortages then the AI.

Anyway there is no real setting that makes it harder for the player and at same time easier for AI. Best you can do is limit yourself by building more military stuff. There are a cpl of expections like you dont want nukes in your game if you want ai to use missles, since all AI does is build nukes for 95%, which it never gonna use. Devs told us they are proud about this, that the AI doesnt cheat. And well game is full of exploits and extra options that the AI doesnt have access too so yeah, best you can do is make it as easy as possible for the AI and limit yourself. Also WW2 is way too easy for me. I like modern campaigns more, since more units are usefull for player and AI and less possibility to monopolise the economy, without annexing or colonising.

About your questions:
1. i dont rly know about WW2 but in modern campaigns after 5 years you gonna see actual pricing of goods, till then its just adjusting to that point. There is a hidden region that supplies the world economy till then.
2. very hard military, very easy/normal economy (depends how much im gonna be involved in other regions thru multiplayer), normal diplomacy so treaties are still an option in game, very easy diplomacy is bad in my opinion because every1 will be friends. Also no new bonds, since AI doesnt know it cost money and actually does just as good if not better without it.

For a challenge try China in 2020. Bad infantry and bad economy. Or you could play like me and just switch regions now and then in MP.

There seems to be an issue where AI is scared of US, so if you play them dont expect anyone to declare war on you.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”