"Support Ruling Party" Expense Mismatch?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CivNation
Sergeant
Human: Yes

"Support Ruling Party" Expense Mismatch?

Post by CivNation »

When I scroll the mouse over the "support ruling party" button, it says it will cost me 17.4 million annually to support ruling party in any country. Yet, when I actually press the button and support a ruling party it only costs me 1.3 million annually according to my state department, and it is only slightly more with the state department lever set to maximum (2.38 million annually). Does anyone know why this mismatch occurs? I double checked and all amounts are yearly, not daily. Also, I can support multiple ruling parties in multiple countries for this same small amount. So technically I can support the ruling party of every country on the map and only pay 1.3 million per year total for all countries combined, dramatically improving relations with all the countries just as much individually as when I only supported one of the countries. I don't know if this is a bug or intended.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: "Support Ruling Party" Expense Mismatch?

Post by way2co0l »

To be honest, I haven't looked into this too closely. I always just assumed that the support ruling party total expense was a measure of how costly it was for you to fully maintain a diplomatic corps at all, whereas the expense for individual countries was a more specific cost for the task you're trying to achieve and so that cost is usually much smaller than the cost to maintain your diplomatic corps at all. But I'm not sure how the numbers actually add up or not.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yea theres a big mismatch, but thought no1 would care, it's just a player setting right? This is one of the things i dont care about, cause 1. its hella hard to get the CB against the region you want and 2. i use it alot for AI in MP.

But yeah if you want easy win, load up a region with good world relations, like Italy or Netherlands in 2020, suport the regions you have bad relations with and you can win diplomatic alliance victory within 12 months.

My guess is, you will still pay for expenses after region is dead, so yeah, you want to get that fixed first, or this?
Gameplay 1st
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I never even bothered with this due to the advertised cost, guess i'll have to start using it.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well you should since it's considered intelligence, and intelligence and research are one of the big factors for gdp growth.
Gameplay 1st
CivNation
Sergeant

Post by CivNation »

OK thanks for confirming I'm not crazy. I figured it was a budget mismatch. The yearly expense is actually much smaller than the advertised expense. Using the "Support Ruling Party" option is actually not an easy diplomatic win, because it only improves your relations with the state, not with the people of the country. So while you may get some more deals done with it, and guarantee you won't go to war, you may not necessarily become a fully ally.
CivNation
Sergeant

Post by CivNation »

OK thanks for confirming I'm not crazy. I figured it was indeed a mismatch. The yearly expense is actually much smaller than the advertised expense.

Yomamma: using the "Support Ruling Party" option is actually not an easy diplomatic win in my experience, because it only improves your relations with the state, not with the citizens of the country. So while you may get some more deals done with it, and guarantee you won't go to war, you may not necessarily enter into a full alliance. I don't think this button is considered a cheat by the developers, nor should it be considered one, I think it just needs to be fixed.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Far as I can tell this does nothing for domestic approval, so it's use is nice but not what 'auto formal alliance cost' would lead me to believe. Helps keep they declaring war against me and better deals though.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

CivNation wrote: Aug 12 2018 Yomamma: using the "Support Ruling Party" option is actually not an easy diplomatic win in my experience, because it only improves your relations with the state, not with the citizens of the country. So while you may get some more deals done with it, and guarantee you won't go to war, you may not necessarily enter into a full alliance. I don't think this button is considered a cheat by the developers, nor should it be considered one, I think it just needs to be fixed.
Its def an easy diplomatic victory. Every treaty improves relations, so within 1 year you will be able to sign a formal alliance. Also because you have treaty with country A, country B which is friend of country A will be more willing to sign treaties. If you just sit back waiting for them to offer treaties, yea then it will be harder, but if your aggressive about it within 1 year you can def win with Netherlands as i actually did that. I didnt say it's a cheat, but if you look at it that way, yea it is, since AI doesnt use this option by itself (which is good, cause it would be a mess). Also like with all other things it depends on your starting settings, if oyu play with sphere, you have to eleminate the other sphere first.
Leafgreen wrote: Aug 14 2018 Far as I can tell this does nothing for domestic approval, so it's use is nice but not what 'auto formal alliance cost' would lead me to believe. Helps keep they declaring war against me and better deals though.
I dont know what you are talking about, it should improve relations and reduce CB, that's it. You mean when you hover over it, it says formal alliance cost? I vaguely remember something like that, but yea ignore that.
You can also use support opposition btw to get CB.
Gameplay 1st
MeatHammer 40k
Sergeant

Post by MeatHammer 40k »

CivNation wrote: Aug 12 2018 because it only improves your relations with the state, not with the people of the country. So while you may get some more deals done with it, and guarantee you won't go to war, you may not necessarily become a fully ally.
What are ways to win the people of another country over?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”