Okay, tired of this making zero sense. Tech score?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Okay, tired of this making zero sense. Tech score?

Post by Leafgreen »

Current game I am rank 8 in technology with 277 techs researched or traded for + unit designs, and show as #7 in tech score while actually the 2nd most advanced nation in the world. The most advanced nation is the US and shows as #17 in tech score. Who is the #1 nation in tech score? East Indies, followed by Columbia, Peru, Lithuania.

This thing never makes any sense to me at all. And you can't even tell me that unit designs and only personally researched techs make the East Indies rank higher than the most advanced nation in the world that is making a new unit design every 2 weeks. East Indies just learned how to make fire almost and US is fielding Enterprise carriers. 35 years of playing in the current game, this tech ranking/tech score has always been pure gibberish to me.

It should not be on a sliding scale, or a bell curve, or anything other than the cold hard fact that you have the most techs + units designs in the world. Maybe each tech =1 and each unit design = 0.25, but this should be a pretty simple calculation. If you are fielding pre-century bombard cannons and just learned how to do blood transfusions when I nuke you with stealth cruise missiles from my SSBN and we both started with 0 techs, you should NOT be higher in tech level than me.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Okay, tired of this making zero sense. Tech score?

Post by YoMomma »

Yah leaving this and removing civilian casulties saying there is not enough room in the atlas is the most alien talk i ever heard from the devs. I kinda get the setting tho, it's more best conditions to develop techs, which prolly mean education % level and the 2 sliders for research with prolly some other values, but yeah, it basicly says nothing.

Under techs you also have knowledge index rank, i think that's what you are refering too.
Gameplay 1st
sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by sparky282 »

My understanding of tech score is not a nation who is the most advanced as you are seeing but the nation that has developed the most for example

Peru can have a higher tech score than the USA but still be much less advanced because they will of researched more tech's and possibly tech which gives a better score, but not sure if that's a thing!
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

East Indies. Lithuania. US has had 9 research facilities going nonstop for 40 years in my current game.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”