T region group,East Europe Countries,Serbian teh tree.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: T region group,East Europe Countries,Serbian teh tree.

Post by YoMomma »

I already said all partners didnt i? So what else is it?

If you have another, better solution im all ears, but hammering all partners should have the design when i already said 10 times all partners should have the design following me, well how would you call that? Waste of time better?

If you bring E into this, more regions will produce F35 then actual partners in E, why should Germany or France have the design? All because Turkey and Italy are part of the programm? That doesnt make sence to me, but oh well. It doesnt mather i fixed it for my database. If you dont wanna attract modders and players back from SR2020 so be it.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Which region can produce F-35 independently and by themselves? Guess US only, so F-35 shoul'd be buildable by U only. F-35 have high market availability, to compensate for partners in the game. Same principle coul'd be applied to all other equipment.
Please teach AI everything!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Hmm why dont we remove all the air production capabilities at the same time? You guys are really loosing it. Its a game.

If you want to rely on exports, i suggest taking a look at a 5 year old GC game and load Mozambique and Cameroon. Yes Merkava's IV in Africa and big chance Isreal have only 1 or 2.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Merkava IV is a great tank so, let it be exported.

But really, giving F-35 to be built by half of the world sounds like going to extremes to me. Maybe ,before any discussion, we have to ask ourselves do we want "balanced" game or realistic game. The second is my choice.
Please teach AI everything!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

All we and BG can do is make it as realistic as possible, gameplay 1st. We are not watching a museum, most of us are playing a game. If you want to make it truly realistic that is impossible within any game.

Not half the world are producing F35 following me (or SR2020). Sure it's prolly more then F16, but well that was a succesfull project, so it's only logic more countries want to get in on that. If you get in the project, you have a better understanding of the technologies involved. If US is only supplier, we wouldnt have F35 in game besides those given in orbat, US got better designs like the CW Aardvark :lol:

Do you know how much F35a sells in game? 10B 10 times more then regions in real life pay. For this reason you will almost never see a modern interceptor, tactical bomber or multi role exported in game. Sure this can be modified, but it would'nt help because none produce F35A.
Gameplay 1st
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

YoMomma wrote: Nov 07 2018 All we and BG can do is make it as realistic as possible, gameplay 1st. We are not watching a museum, most of us are playing a game. If you want to make it truly realistic that is impossible within any game.

Not half the world are producing F35 following me (or SR2020). Sure it's prolly more then F16, but well that was a succesfull project, so it's only logic more countries want to get in on that. If you get in the project, you have a better understanding of the technologies involved. If US is only supplier, we wouldnt have F35 in game besides those given in orbat, US got better designs like the CW Aardvark :lol:

Do you know how much F35a sells in game? 10B 10 times more then regions in real life pay. For this reason you will almost never see a modern interceptor, tactical bomber or multi role exported in game. Sure this can be modified, but it would'nt help because none produce F35A.
So true.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

USA is country of origin of F 16 F18 F15 aircraft. Most countries bought them from the US,Some countries can produce them and some to develop them.And how many of these countries in reality they can produce F18 or some other, just an example.They just bought planes at Usa and did not producet them self. But again it is good,because if they are not given a fictitious unit to devolope. It's better that solution then to have noting. 10246, "MiG-25RB Foxbat-B and 9209, "MiG-29A Fulcrum-A are given to Egypt, Syria Ira,Iran. mig 25 flight above Mach 2 at high altitude and this is a very advanced tehnology and I support that to be the answer to the countries they prefer to buy than to develop domestic. But why is Eastern Europe, Serbia Poland and others cut off in technology after 2027-10 . and they have challenges when they need a good-average plane,good-average tank,good-average AA wepon. Arcraft Construction 4,Modern aircraft 2,moder Aircraft 3 are technologies that are 3-4 ears. togeder 12 ears, and in . Arcraft Construction 4,Modern aircraft 2 Serbia and East Europ have none airplane hunter to devolop. 12 ear necessary to the first,so by inserting someone like M39 folcume C (just a guideline and example) fill the hole of 12 ears. I want to say, countries that do not even have a history of domestic production of aviation and countries that have some history of domestic aviation development and production they have no option in development. So it would be nice to East Europ T group (Serbia,Poland....) they get the opportunity to develop units such as Egypt, Syria Ira,Iran got,maybe not the same unit but the same principle in filling holes. t group got a 2309, "T-84-120 Yatagan to deolop,ok,it is a good tank, in next 6 ears in the game 3 generation of tanks it will change to the groups that surround it T gropu. and and the one will be too inferior on that platoon more than it is at the beginning. It would be good and some of the family fictional tanks at an advanced level such as 2482, "T-84-140 Oplot II because the tank's upgrade of T 84. Or a similar solution. in essence Tanks of East Europ (modern tanks) have a starting point from Russian T 72 and T55,so perhaps the further direction of development might have a similar direction, only a proposal. AA middle range the biggest problem is the T group,so I would suggest that any kind as an option for development,because from 5699, "SA-21 Gator in netx 20 ears in future no AA unit with option for midle range.

And you could really add an research center to Belgrad,because there is one.

a country that has money(and it's possible with everyone) can in one day to buy and start producing a unit,and this is more than unreal to me,so to me buying of units desinge ili loks like ceathing,again, just a thought,because it's too simple
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Personally i think adding region groups to excisting region groups isnt the fix. For my mod i didnt fix anything for eastern europe, because i need to do alot of research first. If you watch the current situation and forget about old scenarios or region groups, you could say Poland, Hunagry, Slovakia and Czech are one region group which you can easily throw in US units and make bad to neutral relations towards western europe and other way arround. This way you could also include baltic states altho they are a little more towards europe i think. On the other hand Hungary doesnt really have bad relations with Russia.

Romania is very confusing for me where they stand. I think you can say old units Russia but more modern US because it fears Russia. Bulgaria i dont know much about. Serbia is friend of Russia atleast on a one street basis, i dont think Russia care much about Serbia, but if it can use it, why not.

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro are fine with europe i think. Kosovo is just an US puppet with military base. So yeah it isnt as easy. But thats just thru my eyes with little research done.
Gameplay 1st
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

he did not talk about political influence, I think that all these countries of East Europe especially Balkan are under the political influence of the United States . I'm talking about the origin of their technology, and the eastern European group mainly developed the USSR units and promoted it,so I say if there are no futuristic solutions then it's better to have any solution. As far as these groups are concerned Yugoslavia has never developed a unit that has which I have already mentioned but it is Serbia,similarly for Croatia.It's more challenging for me to research unit and not buying units. And for Yugolsavia no account was taken so they are units which are developed from the countries successor and attributed to Yugoslavia,that it is not giving units form X group than returning it toT group an conutrise of suscesors. In real life if Romanian F 16 must have serious repair its necessary to sent it to USA. Same form Siriya mig 29, it is sent to Russia for riperment. So you're in the war you lost 90 % of unit Mig 29 of F 16 you did not produce them in reality and you did not develop them and the game and still in the middle of the war you can repair on domestic soil,the same for their ammunition.
More demanding is a development units from tex tree so it would be good to enrich it because in the age of advanced tanks 2602, "T-14 Armata,2603, "JP-2A1 Katze,2644, "K8A1. 11290, East Europ have nothing to be weaker but competitive,That's why I proposed the T 84 upgrade.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well i just dont know much about eastern europe, i just tried to explain the unit has to make sence, you cant just give eastern europe PAC 3 AA or S-400 and say problem fixed. Look at how much resistance there is from 2 of the biggest modders in this community on the F35. And well why would this be different. Which doesnt make sence if you come from SR2020, or see all this production capacities in some regions, but oh well. That's the fact. And BG is nowhere too be seen in this discussion to give some kind of management how to go forward if we still add designs like F35 and T14.

T-84-120 Yatagan is region U+T, do you mean Serbia got techs to research this or what? T-84-140 Oplot II 2011 year, its very hard to argument to add this to T group. Further designs like T90 it will only get harder, maybe for Serbia if we do alot to other regions, but else i dont see a way even under the rules of SR2020.

I agree AA is problem , not only for eastern europe, but also for alot of others. But that's basicly the world we live in, eastern europe safety depends on others, some more then others, but to blindly add designs well it might have happened in the past, but i wouldnt count on it. There is mod with armour 1,2,3,4,5 etc. Very nice one with good balance. I have to agree with Zuikaku there.

Unit has to have some argument to get added. Defending region is one, and not getting wiped witin the week is another, but yeah which units. In the CVP we can fix this better i think. Serbia can have Buk-M3 if it was me, but to give this advanced modern system, which somehow isnt even in vanilla yet, to whole Yugoslavia that doesnt really make sence. On the other hand why E is on 5800 Barqah AA thats kinda weird to me too, but like i said personally i need to investigate so cant really make suggestions or help you.
Gameplay 1st
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

YoMomma wrote: Nov 08 2018 Well i just dont know much about eastern europe, i just tried to explain the unit has to make sence, you cant just give eastern europe PAC 3 AA or S-400 and say problem fixed. Look at how much resistance there is from 2 of the biggest modders in this community on the F35. And well why would this be different. Which doesnt make sence if you come from SR2020, or see all this production capacities in some regions, but oh well. That's the fact. And BG is nowhere too be seen in this discussion to give some kind of management how to go forward if we still add designs like F35 and T14.

T-84-120 Yatagan is region U+T, do you mean Serbia got techs to research this or what? T-84-140 Oplot II 2011 year, its very hard to argument to add this to T group. Further designs like T90 it will only get harder, maybe for Serbia if we do alot to other regions, but else i dont see a way even under the rules of SR2020.

I agree AA is problem , not only for eastern europe, but also for alot of others. But that's basicly the world we live in, eastern europe safety depends on others, some more then others, but to blindly add designs well it might have happened in the past, but i wouldnt count on it. There is mod with armour 1,2,3,4,5 etc. Very nice one with good balance. I have to agree with Zuikaku there.

Unit has to have some argument to get added. Defending region is one, and not getting wiped witin the week is another, but yeah which units. In the CVP we can fix this better i think. Serbia can have Buk-M3 if it was me, but to give this advanced modern system, which somehow isnt even in vanilla yet, to whole Yugoslavia that doesnt really make sence. On the other hand why E is on 5800 Barqah AA thats kinda weird to me too, but like i said personally i need to investigate so cant really make suggestions or help you.
AA weapons are a problem, maybe we should think about someone system who is not which is not the best in the world like S 400 tiumf. MM 14 B C Nike Hercules it to strong for east eurpe and Serbia(Something ranges between 90 and 120 km is real), for Serbia and T group It's close to me 5647, "SA-12a Gladiator,5677, "SA-12b Giant,5610, "SA-4 Ganef,682, "S-300 PMU1,5710, "Buk-M3, not the best but but they will do the job,and Poland, Serbia, Romania have a history when it comes to domestic production to take and advance risearch the Russian units in reality,refers to production upgrading not for buying. but there could be a solution and any decent other AA units with midle range.
S 300 and s 400 are solutions of even some NATO countries,so based on that it may be worlwide units an T group.
2309, "T-84-120 Yatagan exists as an option to the T group,2482, "T-84-140 Oplot II it acts as a logical continuation,of course it's better to make a new tank but as far as I understood it many resources need to devolopers to do that,so compromise with existing units I suggest because it's better than nothing . In fact, every tank is welcome,I'm just connecting to all tanks in East Europe have a starting point from T 72 and T 55 I would not so in that direction a solution should be sought maybe.
Serbi is a few years ago she developed a M84 AS1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-84AS) as he was made to be a copy of T 90.
I'm really sorry because a short ballistic system Sumadija (300km range) not added it's the new Serbian system short raket sistemy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumadija_ ... _launcher))
half of T group are ex Yugoslavia countries, It should be normal to share the equipment with everyone in the group,they all brought something to the group(units). And the discussions because they were poorly received atencion for upgrade although there are many countries in it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Nov 08 2018 ...And BG is nowhere too be seen in this discussion to give some kind of management how to go forward if we still add designs like F35 and T14...
And if all of you can't figure it out easily what makes you think we'll have better luck? We're game designers, not military experts. We have to do research and often let conversations like this run on so we can evaluate what each side brings as evidence. Just because I don't reply doesn't mean I'm not paying some attention to every post. But if I spend all my time reading/replying on the forums then none of the real work get's done. This thread has been flagged and we've had some discussions in studio about it, most recently was yesterday.

Also, since you like to take shots as me/us whenever you can I have found it much simpler to read your posts, make relevant notes, and not reply. We have no obligation to reply to anything, we do so when it will generate a constructive conversation or is interesting to us. The primary purpose of all our social media is for users to interact with each other.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 08 2018
YoMomma wrote: Nov 08 2018 ...And BG is nowhere too be seen in this discussion to give some kind of management how to go forward if we still add designs like F35 and T14...
And if all of you can't figure it out easily what makes you think we'll have better luck? We're game designers, not military experts. We have to do research and often let conversations like this run on so we can evaluate what each side brings as evidence. Just because I don't reply doesn't mean I'm not paying some attention to every post. But if I spend all my time reading/replying on the forums then none of the real work get's done. This thread has been flagged and we've had some discussions in studio about it, most recently was yesterday.

Also, since you like to take shots as me/us whenever you can I have found it much simpler to read your posts, make relevant notes, and not reply. We have no obligation to reply to anything, we do so when it will generate a constructive conversation or is interesting to us. The primary purpose of all our social media is for users to interact with each other.

Can we expect some game up date by the end of this year?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Nov 08 2018 Can we expect some game up date by the end of this year?
You'll find that I don't announce things ahead of time. The forums have taught me that if we do and anything changes, even something small, we will get no end of push back.

We are building up a list of changes, fixes and improvements. When the list is big enough or we have something particularly significant we'll bundle it up, test it, then push it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

I would suggest map fix to Serbia. adding a military research center in Belgrade-BEOGRAD (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... te_history) an to KRAGUJEVAC a car industry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCA_Srbija). In reality they exist. links have been added.

Proposal as a solution for AA wepon upgrade 5605, "R-25 Vulkan(range 32km)(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-25_Vulkan ) to new unit extension of range to (90-120km) and call R-25 Vulkan 2 and give it to the T region ? just a suggestion for a solution.it would be a fictitious unit based on real project.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”